Whoa!! I it worth it???

Dicky DQ

Been waiting all day for some one to ask :)

1h27 for 63kms

thats fantastic, how fast would your Augus gone at that rate???LOLLOL

Nope' date=' find it a rip off! [/quote']

Yeah, big rip off. The moffie can keep his fun ride.

The argus cost me over R8k every year and it is worth every sent ! If it turns into a real roadie race I will call it quits and burn my road bike .

At least someone agrees with the dikgat!

The argus cost me over R8k every year and it is worth every sent ! If it turns into a real roadie race I will call it quits and burn my road bike .

Your road bike is safe. Its will always be a fun ride. Lots of people make plenty money from the format of the race. Nice route, just too expensive.

I actually think that the extra money is worth it...Like some of the guys said you have to at least do it once.

The last couple of races I had I actually felt very unsafe due to minimal or no road closure. So if they close the route off to traffic and it cost an additional R100 bucks why not.

There is nothing worse than trying to cycle in a race and every two minutes some form of "other" road transport comes racing by.

Road closure = extra cost

8K, You have got to be sh*tting me!!

I would rather take that money and go do the Tour de Mauritius. At least there you are unlikely to encounter the surly, holier-than-thou attitude of the people that 'work', and I use the term lightly, in the the service industry in cape town. You will also get value for money and not be forced to pay inflated prices for everything because there is a cycling event in town and it's a good time to fleece the visitors.

8K' date=' You have got to be sh*tting me!!

I would rather take that money and go do the Tour de Mauritius. At least there you are unlikely to encounter the surly, holier-than-thou attitude of the people that 'work', and I use the term lightly, in the the service industry in cape town. You will also get value for money and not be forced to pay inflated prices for everything because there is a cycling event in town and it's a good time to fleece the visitors.

[/quote']

Dis presies hoe ek voel.  And my slaapstad friends tell me that they do their grocery shopping a week or 2 before as all small shops, etc. (especially the NBS, naaste bottel stoor) put up their prices as the VAALIES are coming.

[/quote']

Dis presies hoe ek voel.  And my slaapstad friends tell me that they do their grocery shopping a week or 2 before as all small shops, etc. (especially the NBS, naaste bottel stoor) put up their prices as the VAALIES are coming.

ya, die tragies deel is dat Slaapstad hulle eie mense overcharge.AngryAngryAngry As jy oorsee gaan dan K*K en betaal jy. Maar as jy ;'n local is dan kry jy plek vir spotgoedkoop. Slaapstad, eerder k*kstad sal my nooit weer sien nie.

And as I say each year "Let the fleecing begin!!"

I would rather take that money and go do the Tour de Mauritius.

[/quote']

Yeah, if you work out accom.,flight tickets, spending money, car hire, etc, it adds up quite quick. The Capetonians know how to charge excessively for accommodation.

It's something that you have to experience a couple of times. After 7 straight years, I think it's time for something different. (only an argus tandem race, then I'm happy)