Losing weight is unfair

Trimming down is serias work for me, like starvation. And then, in a blink of and eye I am +10kgs. Its my disposition and I have come to terms with this, the important thing to celebrate is good health and the ability to go out there and do my thing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a knee reconstruction a month ago.on the crutches and in a knee brace now for a month.the difficult part was not being able to make and carry my samie and coffee.the upside is that because my wife brought me breakfast in bed and then left me with fruit and a jug of water untill she comes back from work i have managed to lose 4 kg in the month and i was not even on my bike or doing any exercise.Me thinks it is all in the eating methods.I am maintaining the eating habit of not drinking 10+ coffees/flat whites a day with 2 sugars.cant wait for the bike.(ok so the fisio and ortophedic surgeon says another few months before back in majik forrest/meerendal/contermanskloof and surrounds) by the way i have a very clean bike at the moment because of boredom.

I'm no doctor, but surely bouncing up and down weight is unhealthy. Especially if you are trying to loose 4kg in one week, and then follow that by carbo loading. Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Also loosing 4kg is 5 weeks still sounds like quite alot to me (when you only weigh 70kg).

My Monday rant on weightloss:

it took me 5 weeks to go from 70 to 66.5kg with some serious healthy eating and less partying.

Just came back from 10 days parting with my brother at stellenbosch. Also managed around 130km of mtb. Climb on the scale today and I'm back at 70kg.

This sucks

My left ball bleeds for you - I weigh 92kg so ag shame

I have lost 40kg and counting. I had a binger for my bull party. Funnily enough I put on 3 kg over that week end but lost it in 2 days!!! Wondering if it wasn't fluid retention.

I also have serious fluid retention. Currently I have a 3kg variance in my weight as I drink a lot of fluids.

But good on you with the 40kg, I've lost more than 10kg and looking at the next 10kg :)

i had a knee reconstruction a month ago.on the crutches and in a knee brace now for a month... i have managed to lose 4 kg in the month and i was not even on my bike or doing any exercise.Me thinks it is all in the eating methods.

I think thats mainly muscle mass you are loosing through inactivity, that happened to me during/after spinal fusion op.

I lost 20kg's when I got circumcised.....laugh.gif

Only yanking your chains. I need only to breathe to gain weight.

Used to be 90kg's, now 107! I have been off the bike for 4 months.huh.gif

Don't think my bowel movements are that great.

Colonic Irrigation will take a chunk out of the scale reading. On a recent thread Tim Henman also had a handy list of mostly harmless organ removal procedures, appendectomy, tonsillectomy, spleen-something-tomy etc... Maybe hit him up for more info, in case he is doing any moonlighting. He reckoned you could shed at least 5kgs with minimal long term problems.

I lost 20kg's when I got circumcised.....laugh.gif

Only yanking your chains. I need only to breathe to gain weight.

Used to be 90kg's, now 107! I have been off the bike for 4 months.huh.gif

Well I lost 2kg when my right testicle infection was resolved last week, ain't yanking anyone's chains on that one.

My left ball bleeds for you - I weigh 92kg so ag shame

Yes, I agree. Difficult to have sympathy with a stick insect,but did you really have to bring your vasectomy in to this?! :angry:

I wish I was a freelance writer, cos this thread has a Cosmo article in it somewhere... a vasectomy, a spleen-someting-tomy and weight-loss tips right next to the article on why-is-he-mean-tomy. ;)

And yet, i still wonder why i can't lose weight like somma you!! :(

January 1985 after klaaring out the mag I weighed 85 kg's (height = 1.86m), since then its been consistently below 80kg's

1989 started endurance sports (Iron man and road cycling) weight went down to 78 kg's.

2001/2 Mtb only, lowest weight = +/- 74 kg

2010 arm chair sports and current weight = 77 kg

LOL one day I'll write a book on how to eat chocolate (lots of it), watch more TV, drink in moderation and still maintain constant weight.

I just need to get rid of the 5kgs and then i will be happy, Maybe i should stop the beer drinking, HMMM... DONT think so!

Yes, I agree. Difficult to have sympathy with a stick insect,but did you really have to bring your vasectomy in to this?! :angry:

I'm definatly not a stick. Just a shorty. Still, it's about putting in all the hard work and then losing it just like that.

I seem to hit a wall at 90. To lose more i have to eat like a rabbit and run or cycle like mad.

The only changes I see are increase in muscle mass and drop in fat. plus my belly has shrunk a lot. so i'm stoked...

All you lightweights (yes, that's all of you, but especially those who are crying about being half my weight ;->) need to stop complaining.

Seriously though, I've lost 5 kgs (from 127 to 122) in 2 months, and going strong. One thing I did notice is that while the trend has been generally down, my weigh-ins fluctuated quite a bit from time to time. I put it down to extra fluid I might have drunk, food that hadn't passed through my system, etc. The important thing is the general downward spiral. I'm taking it easy to start with, doing circuit work at the gym, running and cycling. My blood pressure has been a little high recently, hence the commitment now to get myself back in hand.

4 Years ago, I weighed in at 98, and did a 3:05 95.7. I aim to get back there, and further (95 is the goal, yes, that would be 32 kgs off in total).

Keep going all of you, weight loss may not be on the forefront of some lucky people's minds, and I truly hope myself and all of you can one day soon be at the same stage where healthy living, eating, and exercising is so entrenched in our lives that we too never have to be concerned with our weight again.