CSA Racing rules 2011

deanp

Let's wait for 2011 and see what backbone CSA has insofar as enforcing rules and regulations.

On PDI's we don't have enough around to fill all the teams currently around and Roger and co. have not done nothing about it except have talk shops.

In SA racing we only have two ladies that are PDI's who have the slim chance of racing against the current crop of lady racers, so what happens to all the race teams in this category Roger and co waiting for your answers on this, I cannot see MTN,Nashua/Cyclelab, Bizhiub, USN filling this requirement.

Who is going to force race organizers to stage long distance races for the Elite/Pro Groups?

Simple example of how some people manipulate CSA is the U2 concert next year getting priority over racing events. So Kevin and David has to chose between SA Road Nationals and Mountain Biking marathon clash, great. By the way PPA will still call the shots when ever the need arises and CSA will simply follow.

Imagine the interest PPA/Cycletour is accumalating from the CSA membership fees they colleting currently on behalf of CSA, wonder why the option was not extended to 94.7 as well

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's wait for 2011 and see what backbone CSA has insofar as enforcing rules and regulations.

On PDI's we don't have enough around to fill all the teams currently around and Roger and co. have not done nothing about it except have talk shops.

In SA racing we only have two ladies that are PDI's who have the slim chance of racing against the current crop of lady racers, so what happens to all the race teams in this category Roger and co waiting for your answers on this, I cannot see MTN,Nashua/Cyclelab, Bizhiub, USN filling this requirement.

Who is going to force race organizers to stage long distance races for the Elite/Pro Groups?

Simple example of how some people manipulate CSA is the U2 concert next year getting priority over racing events. So Kevin and David has to chose between SA Road Nationals and Mountain Biking marathon clash, great. By the way PPA will still call the shots when ever the need arises and CSA will simply follow.

Imagine the interest PPA/Cycletour is accumalating from the CSA membership fees they colleting currently on behalf of CSA, wonder why the option was not extended to 94.7 as well

For a race to be CSA sanctioned and possibly be used as part of one national seeding index a race (the organisers) will have to offer the Elite race distance of say 150km plus. The main thing is developing Pro racing to International level. There is not much need to develop "funrider" cycling apart from educating new funriders on safety and providing safe racing enviroments.

The national seeding index will only pertain to races held under the timing of Racetec as is the current status of Argus and 94.7. I cannot see how SS timing or Championchip will be given a fair cut into the seeding table when PPA only deals with Racetec and we all know PPA has CSA by the *&^%.

That is why we need a national seeding system.

If the event organizers use Racetec we have no problems, surely they can pay for that service from the race entry fees.

We dont have a choice here, it is either you belong to PPA or dont even bother riding your bike.

A choice at least will be nice!

The national seeding index will only pertain to races held under the timing of Racetec as is the current status of Argus and 94.7. I cannot see how SS timing or Championchip will be given a fair cut into the seeding table when PPA only deals with Racetec and we all know PPA has CSA by the *&^%.

94.7 and National seeding includes Championchip races such as Kremmertart and Carnival city. Its only WP races that use solely WT

(4.7 as well as Argus only use Ractec results,check on the fact-sheet of cycle challenge clearly stated

" The Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge seeds according to the results available on the Racetec database, using Racetec timed events, NOT according to the Cycle Lab seeding index.

Guess they messed up with me then, last Racetec/WT race result was D2D 2009 and i got seeded for 94.7

If you only have one result for the previous 12 months and it is of a non equivalent weighting you will receive a total of greater than 100 and will then fall into the unseeded category. The event seeds on events of no more than 12 months old. No events older than 12 months will be considered

CSA has no clue, the only thing they do well is make rules that make no sense and re-invent the wheel at every turn, been down this road seen it many times.

They make rules as they go, someone new in their ranks comes along.... make new rules, it has always been this way, back in the day when I was competitive and raced licensed (long ago)on many occasions they actually re-wrote rules that totally contradicted UCI regulations.

This story of having to be on a team is not new, they tried it in the 90's, and it failed, same for the longer distance for elite / U23. They forced licensed riders to take out contracts either as individuals or as part of a team, at huge costs to riders & sponsors, several of the bigger clubs could afford to register teams but not all could actually afford the costs.

They always used licensed riders as pawns to force race organizers to get their way, threatening licensed riders with bans if they did this or that race, they didn’t approve of.

The biggest problem here is there is way too much infighting amongst the various cycling fat cats they never see the bigger picture or put the interest of the cyclists first. There have always been 2-3 puppet masters within the ruling cycling dictators with their own interests in mind who only care about 1 thing, their own pockets. Watch this space, it's going to cost a small fortune to register these teams...... :thumbdown:

My 10c worth for the day ;)

In a conversation I've had with one of the so-called BIG SHOTS in the ranks at CSA, they don't consider the mass participant as important. Okay, not as important as the Elite's. Most of the events in this country are geared to the masses, so the Elites should have their own events, run by CSA and with sponsors found by CSA.

CSA use the various event organisers as the pawns to do all the ground work and then complain there aren't long events for the Elites.

there have been talks about a series for the Elites and something for the masses, but until it is announced, it's business as usual for race organisers. Just wish I knew what is happening with the new proposal for 2011 licensed categories as online entries have to open soon for the Carnival race, and we'd like to publish the revised distances for Elites, Vets and Ladies.

• 2 weeks later...

So CSA have re-revised the rules and it's now as follows:

Category 1 - Elite, U23, Juniors and Vets30-39 (top teams).

Category 2 - Top 150-200 Vets (not in category 1) by seeding (prize money to the to 10 (irrespective of age) and top 6 for woman.

Category 3 - Next 150-200 Vets by seeding - prize money the same as Category 2 for positions.

Category 4 - Next 150-200 Vets by seeding - prize money to top 5 positions.

The woman will slot into Category 2 or 3 depending on their seeding for each race.

This means that 50 spots out of the 150-200 in Cat2/3 will be replaced by the ladies.

Read more about it in the attached file... Road Race Regulations (Top Clubs - Racing Categories) 291010.pdf

Edited by Frosty

In a conversation I've had with one of the so-called BIG SHOTS in the ranks at CSA, they don't consider the mass participant as important. Okay, not as important as the Elite's.

Hmm, I dont race so its unimportant to me, but WoW,....... like, just.......WoW.

Guess, then my money is also not important.

Hmm, I dont race so its unimportant to me, but WoW,....... like, just.......WoW.

Guess, then my money is also not important.

Trust me, the money from the masses is important. Take them out the equation and quickly you'll see how the tone will change.

Why do you think they want to know how many participants? R$$ per bum

Trust me, the money from the masses is important. Take them out the equation and quickly you'll see how the tone will change.

Why do you think they want to know how many participants? R$$ per bum

Yeah, that would have been my thought as well, but then one would expect that there would be some reciprocation of interest in the mass participants.?

So CSA have re-revised the rules and it's now as follows:

Category 1 - Elite, U23, Juniors and Vets30-39 (top teams).

Category 2 - Top 150-200 Vets (not in category 1) by seeding (prize money to the to 10 (irrespective of age) and top 6 for woman.

Category 3 - Next 150-200 Vets by seeding - prize money the same as Category 2 for positions.

Category 4 - Next 150-200 Vets by seeding - prize money to top 5 positions.

The woman will slot into Category 2 or 3 depending on their seeding for each race.

This means that 50 spots out of the 150-200 in Cat2/3 will be replaced by the ladies.

Read more about it in the attached file...

what seeding are they going to be using?