CSA Racing rules 2011

deanp

There was a meeting on the 21st of September where the following was disucssed... comes from Cycling_SA's website. (http://www.cyclingsa...le.aspx?uid=109)

Looking for information on the Veterans teams, and if it will have an impact on our team.

Kit needs to be made, sponsors need to be re-signed and we don't want to be doing something that goes against that CSA are trying to improve.

Road Information Meeting 21 September

16 Sep 2010

The Road commission represented by Barry Austin will be holding a teams and club information discussion and workshop before launching and finalising the drafts applicable to the following for 2011:

Continental Team structure, composition and contracts

Top Club Team structure, composition and contracts

Women's team structure, composition and contracts

Veteran Team structure, composition contracts

Registered Racing groups

Registered racing group entry conditions

South African Championships

Selection policies

Date: 21 September

Time: 14h00

Venue: Cyclelab, Fourways.

For those not able to make it, a summary will be published before end of September noting all changes applicable for 2011.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have full road closure? Here almost never do, and we have had problems like entire Elite bunches dq-ed for crossing the white line and an almighty clusterfck of a finish at Simonsvlei with nearly every bunch crashing from Elite to F.

Are you saying the VA or $ bunch up there is usually around 150 strong?

Road closure only for one or two races. The elites and vests are not very big at all but the rest are huge.

AFTERNOON I AGREE WITH YOU 100% . ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS THE RULES FOR 2011 AND UNDERSTAND THEM . COULD YOU SEND IT TO ME PLEASE. I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER FOR THEM AND CANT FIND IT, deanp@udfiltration.com. keep the sport possitve you go boy well done.

Sorry but haven't got it yet still searching around for it but I am sure something will be said on Supercycling tonight as they said their will be big announcements from CSA in the coming weeks

Will be good for SA cycling. Younger riders / PDIs get more exposure, etc. Vets racing taking a knock for the greater good?! :angry:

Prize money compulsory for open bunch (now called cat3). If elite 1st place gets 20k, open A gets 2k. Vets interested in team tactics instead of just sucking wheel will probably join cat3 teams. I think vets racing will fade away in a couple of years, with riders like Nick White & Jacques Fullard taking the sub-vets prizes most of the time.

I think the whole idea is to move away from age cats and more to cats based on ability like they have is the USA. It does have its pros and cons. There is a nice social vibe in the age cats which I don't think you will get in the ability cats. I do think that ability cats will push standards up though.

Dean, please send to me when you get it... thanks, G

G, hope you know all the changes i'm going to be asking you tonight :)

Morning Hubbers, I have the pdf , we have to look at it from both sides of the fence. This is a draft not final as i was told. The CSA is looking for ideas , pointers to move forward and make SA pro rides international standard. We can put bad comments on the hub which is not going to help. So please read it carfully and think of ideas how we can make it work and then reply with your ideas dircetly to CSA. PLEASE DONT BAD MOUTH OR COMMENT BEFORE YOU HAVE READ THE DOCUMENT PROPERLY. YOU and i have to add imput to the matter to make cycling grow, it our lives, Constructive imput is needed.

Drop me a mail and i will mail you the PDF. deanp@udfiltration.com

With all due respect, why is the CSA listening to the general cycling public, who in most cases, are weekend warriors? That's ridiculous. It's cause everything is a bloody democracy these days.

Contact cyclist/coaches with national/international experience and formulate a proper plan around that. The plan doesn't have to be popular, it just needs to get results.

Agreed Napalm , these rules are for the race snakes and does not apply to 99% of the cycling people out there . But why reinvent the wheel . Are the rules that the international cycling body use not good enough ? I thought the idea is to get our pro cyclists up to standard ?

How will this affect Rooiwal races?

Guess it wont, we will still chase Jaco and his youngsters for two laps.

:angry:

Hi Guys

I've popped it onto our website so that whoever wants it can download it. Click here to download it

If they want to step cycling up a gear to get South Africans on par with international cycling, we can kiss these useless little 80km/90km/100km races goodbye! Whooop-whooop bring on the 160km - 200km plus races!