CSA Racing rules 2011

deanp

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Spidey!!!! can't agree with you more!

elite/under23 race together = longer distance

there after strength versus strength cat racing.

most vets train in the dark and have full time jobs and families. I have NO interset in racing with guys that do this for a living. If we take a fall in a race , we have to scrape ourselves together and show up for work on monday morning , not take weeks off for recovery cause your team doctor told you to do so.

CSA need to be carefull how they go about all of this . Most of us are tired of there *** service and expensive race entry fees . most of us fun riders would rather go for a lekker weekend training ride with our buddies than slog it in traffic on a friday to collect a race number for some bum 90k race. All there rules and regulations are making alot of us lose interest in racing.....my2c.

Much agreed 101%......

Maybe if we join CSA this year and MAYBE if the listen and we get Cat racing on ability away from the pros, we get a race number for the year and we don't have to collect the day before a race???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or just screw road racing and do mountainbiking.

Come to think of it, I will use this as the main reason for entering comrades next year.

Or just screw road racing and do mountainbiking.

Come to think of it, I will use this as the main reason for entering comrades next year.

Dude...jou koppie is iedergeval nie lekker nie.

Jy ry 'n Opel (Lees: Cervelo)

Jy doen MTBing

Jy wil gaan comerades.

Waars jou trots?

Dis juis ouens soos jy wat hulle probeer uitwerk uit die licensed bunches. :D

Dude...jou koppie is iedergeval nie lekker nie.

Jy ry 'n Opel (Lees: Cervelo)

Jy doen MTBing

Jy wil gaan comerades.

Waars jou trots?

Dis juis ouens soos jy wat hulle probeer uitwerk uit die licensed bunches. :D

Hulle hoef my nie uit te werk nie, ek drop sommer agter af op my eie.

Ja, ek ry my cervelo, want ek is bang julle trek my in julle span in as 'n PDI as ek cannondale ry

CSA want 200 odd riders in the elite bunch... that means 25 teams of 8 riders need to enter a race??? never-mind the compulsory PDI riders and under 23s needed... just 25 teams on it's own is pretty much unthinkable. At the EPR race this year there were only 40 odd elites at the race!!! They would need to allow single entries and not only team entries to get the total size of the bunch up. I really like the racing on ability and not age cats... teams will automatically form within each race cat... they dont have to force it.

I do love the fact that they are trying/willing to make some drastic changes though. the idea about 1 race number for the year... legendary!!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Why not just get the Elites to do longer distanced races like there are in some of the races.

Then you keep the vets categories for those who want to race in teams and for individuals who are able to ride at that level.

Then you have the current open groups which are ability based and not age based.

In effect the current system seems to at least provide a nice spread of riders, from elite to vets to open. The vets categories seem to have a fair number and won't be reduced as it seems like it will under a new system. Open categories are full as well and their numbers won't swell like if the new system is used. From what I read riders with the ability to ride in Elite will be dropped a few groups and this will created an even bigger imbalance between riders in a group.

While there may be some flaws in the current system, every system will have some or other flaw. If you try regulate it too much then you will slow down development.

I just don't think that the wheel is broken enough to need fixing yet.

Please can someone also forward me the pdf. Please!!!!

sdpont@crawfordschools.co.za

Edited by Seandmerida96

Sad thing is they will not listen to us mere mortals....it has been decided!!

So now we will see how it is going to change the racing and the bunches......

Moaning here doesn't help......moaning to the authorities doesn't help.....lets just see how they are going to ()$#%*$@ it up.......success rate of this happening is good....hopefully it will be somewhat entertaining to watch along the way....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sad thing is they will not listen to us mere mortals....it has been decided!!

So now we will see how it is going to change the racing and the bunches......

Moaning here doesn't help......moaning to the authorities doesn't help.....lets just see how they are going to ()$#%*$@ it up.......success rate of this happening is good....hopefully it will be somewhat entertaining to watch along the way....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well they are administraters. To qualify as an administrater you have to do something that doesn't make sense and listen to nobody. The bigger the chaos you cause the better. Look at all levels of administraters from municipalities to provincial governments to national government to sporting bodies (rugby, cricket, soccer, athletics etc).

I still don't think this is the way to develop the sport. Longer races for the Elites and opening it to anyone who can/wants to ride in Elite is a better way to go. If there is some talented riders the pro teams can notice them and sign them. They will get more opportunity and exposure that way which will lead to more riders moving to pro teams and from there to the international stage.

On the race distances - why not just do two laps of the same "funrides" of 80-100km which will give the racing guys races of 160-200km?! Everything is already there for the funride and the racers will probably finish before the last funrider!

On the race distances - why not just do two laps of the same "funrides" of 80-100km which will give the racing guys races of 160-200km?! Everything is already there for the funride and the racers will probably finish before the last funrider!

Have you tried swerving in between funriders doing 10km on an unstable Raleigh?

Look on the other side.

Have you tried keeping upright on a Raleigh, being close to death, struggling the final 5km and some rude ass 20 year old comes farting past at 60km/h trying to kill you?

Not fun for anyone. ;)

There are a few races on the calendar that manage to give the pro's about a 150km race while the rest of us race a 100km. More races organisers need to do this. That is how you are going to develop riders to higher standards who want to be ride at pro level.

As for congestion etc. why not keep it as it currently is for the serious-fun riders and the fun-fun riders and then start the pro's late morning instead of when it is still dark. Most Euro races start late morning anyway. Keep the present system but change it slightly and make the pro racing more in line with international pro racing. For the rest the present system is fine.

There are a few races on the calendar that manage to give the pro's about a 150km race while the rest of us race a 100km. More races organisers need to do this. That is how you are going to develop riders to higher standards who want to be ride at pro level.

As for congestion etc. why not keep it as it currently is for the serious-fun riders and the fun-fun riders and then start the pro's late morning instead of when it is still dark. Most Euro races start late morning anyway. Keep the present system but change it slightly and make the pro racing more in line with international pro racing. For the rest the present system is fine.

I agree with a few post here especially with Spinnerkop too and 101%.

I am 30. I can race elites but still prefer my age cat, because as 101% points out I work 50 hours a week, train in the dark from 4:30am till 7, then go to work until 6pm. I have a wife and baby daughter but I still want to be competitive. There is hardly a chance i can do that against 24/25 year old sponsored athletes training 6 hours a day and watching Johnny bravo while having a massage.

I do agree that races should be longer - this has two effects - bigger bunches whittle down anyway, and also the bunches normally start slower. 80km is two crits back to back. so you can go out from the gun with one water bottle and be back before your toast is cold. Not so easy if your a 38Year old racing against elites/Pro's. It doesnt have to be two laps, but an extra loop somewhere is achievable.

Later starts is cool - promotes a spectator sport as the short route riders can then watch and families can come along to watch the elites/SV without having to also get up at 4am to drive for an hour to get to the start. We ride so far out of the way it's hardly a traffic issue. Prize Giving is then right away - Sponsors happy, Riders don't disappear instead of waiting 2 hours to collect their envelope with enough petrol money to get home.