Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Just checked the Ragley Bigwig on CRC, it's R960 (32%) more now than in November when I bought mine, rand's sunk, and bike prices have gone up... :wacko:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Limited mud clearance at the back there, Mr Flowta. :eek:

That said, looks good, what chain-guide is that?

Yeah, it's a bit tight. though it actually has more clearance than the frame I was planning to use.

That frame has modular dropouts, so I'm getting some adapters made. I make my final decision once those are made.

The chainguide is this one

http://dialdbikes.co.za/dartmoor-simple-chain-guide.html

http://dialdbikes.co.za/images/detailed/0/chain_device_Simple.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding: The OnOne inbred.

Will 650 wheels fit on the 26"

Or is it a stupid idea. ?

Not a stupid idea as have been riding one for over a year.

If you get the inbred slot dropout that I have (which can be run geared or SS) http://www.planet-x-.../froosd1226.htm (cant find it on the On One website, but email them) or the SS specific 26er frame http://www.on-one.co...eed-ltd-edition , using the tugs will give you sufficient clearance to run 650b

post-33015-0-65468400-1396431434_thumb.jpg

post-33015-0-01873700-1396431498_thumb.jpg

post-33015-0-76743900-1396431559_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaper

according to 650b pallace it should

Looking for an old school type fixie and SS shop in Gauteng...

You know like a shop run by ou ballies who ride nothing without chrome, lugs and brazing...

Any ideas or is this just a fantasy???

Looking for an old school type fixie and SS shop in Gauteng...

You know like a shop run by ou ballies who ride nothing without chrome, lugs and brazing...

Any ideas or is this just a fantasy???

Hunter Cycling in Braamfontein

Hunter Cycling in Braamfontein

ye, have not seen old ballies there, but they have got some cool stuff.

bought my surley rigid fork there!

There is also a guy in Maboneng( spelling) on commissioner street. Also dose builds as well as his got some really cool frame for sale.

Few things in life are as frightening as the moment when you are out of the saddle swinging the bike like crazy and cranking and sprinting out of the saddle from a start and your chain comes off on your SS ...... turns out I got lucky, bit battered on and lost a bit of skin on the inside of my knee

Few things in life are as frightening as the moment when you are out of the saddle swinging the bike like crazy and cranking and sprinting out of the saddle from a start and your chain comes off on your SS ...... turns out I got lucky, bit battered on and lost a bit of skin on the inside of my knee

That happens :eek: Now you got me scared.

Edited by Nick.

Done that, particularly steep hill (road) cranking 34-16 out the saddle, and the next moment, I am otb abandoning ship and trying to run it off..i too was lucky with only a bruised leg.

Must have looked spectacularly funny.

Ouch

That happens :eek: Now you got me scared.

Was more user error this time ... too much chain slack

Last time was using a std cassette broken up to use a rear sprocket ... these are unfortunately ramped (so if you are cranking hard and get decent flex from your steel ) .... sprinted out hard, chain came off and I lost a fair bit of skin using my body as a braking mechanism.

Edited by Hairy