Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Lovely frame. Just one question. Are the threaded holes for the bottle cage tapped straight? Mate of one built one up recently. The holes where tapped so skeef that tbe bottle cage almost faced the side. He sent the frame back and was offered a refund as they claimed that the problem is accross the board on these frames.

Just put the cage on, and it's 100%. I had a little panic attack. :P

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive also recently built up my SS trail bike. I have made sure chainline is correct and chain tensioner is inline with sprocket. HOWEVER when I apply force to the cranks going uphill, i feel the chain slip slightly. My chain is shortened however it can go shorter by 1 or 2 links. Could that be the reason ? The chain tensioner has tensioned up the chain very well even at the moment, however the chain still can go shorter once more. Could that be the problem ?

Thanks

What Chain and Chainring?

Surly Krampus seen lurking around Thaba Trails.....attachicon.gifDSC_0062.JPG

Flippen hell that is nice rubber,

2 Questions: Will they mount on normal mtb rims?

Where do you get them? 

Where do you get them? 

They will mount on a normal rim but not your frame.

My Surly 3.0 fits a Ritchey fork but not a Niner fork.

Where do you get them?

I think the narrowest rim recommended is a 35mm rim. I got mine from Sprocket & Jack in Parkwood.

Oh, frame and fork clearance will be an issue.

Edited by Flippa

I have Weirwolf 2.3's on my frame, an the rear wheel clearance on the frame is very tight.

Dont think the Pitchfork will have an issue, there is plenty of clearance even with the 2.3's fitted.

The weirwolf 2.3's are not like a Conti or other brand 2.3's they are quite chunky. 

I think the narrowest rim recommended is a 35mm rim. I got mine from Sprocket & Jack in Parkwood.

Oh, frame and fork clearance will be an issue.

Mine is running on my American Classic race wheels.

Where do you get them? 

50mm rim with 3.0" rubber runs in a steel Niner fork. Won't fit the rear though.

50mm rim with 3.0" rubber runs in a steel Niner fork. Won't fit the rear though.

The steel fork is muuuuuuuch wider than the carbon fork.

The steel fork is muuuuuuuch wider than the carbon fork.

Yip. It 'arcs' at the top off the steerer as opposed to the narrower carbon fork.

Busy building my first SS, this thread has been my inspiration. I used to ride a 2x10 On One Scandal but sold it to buy my Anthem X Advanced. I regret the day. I have just bought an old Merida 29er hardtail frame and am building her up into a single speed, I will post pics once she is done. Chainworx in Durban North are helping me build my project.

I am running 32x18, am a little concerned that I am not strong enough but we will see.

Busy building my first SS, this thread has been my inspiration. I used to ride a 2x10 On One Scandal but sold it to buy my Anthem X Advanced. I regret the day. I have just bought an old Merida 29er hardtail frame and am building her up into a single speed, I will post pics once she is done. Chainworx in Durban North are helping me build my project.

I am running 32x18, am a little concerned that I am not strong enough but we will see.

Awesome! That is a lekker ratio! Enjoy the build. Lookibg forward to the picks!