Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Currently looking like this (As per pic taken this morning) and will update soonest now when she goes single again ..... pity there is no dropper on :(

Buy a dropper - you know you want to.....sell a kid or something!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a dropper - you know you want to.....sell a kid or something!

need a dropper for the trail bike first and the kids are my retirement plan ... you know, the classic granny flat in the back yard idea :P

Few more pics... loving it!

What a beautifull bike,I have a soft spot for GT's and I love black bikes,coincidintally I am busy with a similar build that will have a black and white theme.these are the parts I have collected so far.

post-54774-1415702428,7109.jpg

Been a while since have thrashed mine...go back in the hundreds of pages it will be there somewhere....but always nice to see again!!

My On One Inbred 650b SS  :D ... think its time for a new crank !!

post-33015-0-87629000-1415703446_thumb.jpg

post-33015-0-23847100-1415703462_thumb.jpg

post-33015-0-47190100-1415703488_thumb.jpg

Finally finished my SS...

Quite a ratio you have going there!!!

I do spy an alternative 'granny' chain ring though  :whistling: ...

I do spy an alternative 'granny' chain ring though  :whistling: ...

just one big spacer instead of 4 smaller ones .....

I do spy an alternative 'granny' chain ring though :whistling: ...

Running a 42/16...

The "granny" gear is there cos I havent drilled it out yet, actually wanting to get a new front chainring to replace current setup... this was a really cheap build, a few parts were trades and others were good second hand deals!

Running a 42/16...

The "granny" gear is there cos I havent drilled it out yet, actually wanting to get a new front chainring to replace current setup... this was a really cheap build, a few parts were trades and others were good second hand deals!

:eek:

What a beautifull bike,I have a soft spot for GT's and I love black bikes,coincidintally I am busy with a similar build that will have a black and white theme.these are the parts I have collected so far.

Awesome!! Pretty much there, just need wheels?

:eek:

42t .. he is telling the truth, just counted and stopped at 33t, because anything after that is a roadie bike ratio!

42t .. he is telling the truth, just counted and stopped at 33t, because anything after that is a roadie bike ratio!

Ill double check tonight but very close to a 42t... and certainly not a road bike... running Bontrager tubeless MUDS... haha...

What do u suggest for front ratio with the 16t rear?

Ill double check tonight but very close to a 42t... and certainly not a road bike... running Bontrager tubeless MUDS... haha...

All depends on your trails....in CT where you would have to have really groot and moerse legs, knees of steel and lungs like ... well ...use your imagination, in order to climb the hills / mountains for a 42t up front

On a 26" wheel bike?... Around a 32T.

Wait until you try ride proper hills or a decent ride 50km+... then you'll know why.

Secret is to gear for the hills (certainly on the longer rides).

I run 32x16 on my first 26" SS. Now run 32x17 on my Niner SIR9.

On a 26" wheel bike?... Around a 32T.

Wait until you try ride proper hills or a decent ride 50km+... then you'll know why.

Secret is to gear for the hills (certainly on the longer rides).

I run 32x16 on my first 26" SS. Now run 32x17 on my Niner SIR9.

Yeah 26er...

Ok cool, will get a 32t... thanx

Yeah 26er...

Ok cool, will get a 32t... thanx

32T chainring and then a handful of sprockets... 16, 18, 20... something like that.

If you happy with the 42T than keep it. We just commented as it is a pretty impressive MTB ratio  :thumbup: .