Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Well spotted sir!

Personally I think it's the ultimate car - 4 wheel drive, 225kW, 6 speed box, 9.2lires/100km, 3 suspension settings (melow, keen and OH MY GOD), all the mod cons you can think of and completely affordable thanks to Volvo's non existent resale value. She is getting on a bit but the new ones are crazy prices so I think we'll be together for some time yet :) Speaking of Volvo's poor resale - that's my their slogan is "Volvo - for life" :lol:

@Iron - yeah thanks for that :) This one is much easier to ride with both feet attached to the bike. The staff at the hospital miss me though - I had serious frequent flyer miles there!

SS only please. ;)

@Iron, actually I am a fan, that is why I often view this tread. Love what guys do to theser bikes that would otherwise never be ridden.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Iron, actually I am a fan, that is why I often view this tread. Love what guys do to theser bikes that would otherwise never be ridden.

My bad.

• 1 month later...

My new L1tespeed - SS.

All my old unused bits & pieces lying around.

- Frame: Litespeed Ti frame with welded seattube with a shim in to keep from going again)

- Fork: Very old SID fork, not sure of exact age, but definately at least 8-10years old.

- Cranks: Old set of Superlight Stork Powerarm carbon road cranks that cracked and got repaired by carbon guys.

- Wheels: AM Classic v-brake rims & hubs.

Had my 1st ride with it this am and had an awesome ride!

I'm definately HOOKED!!

post-419-0-12947400-1323418886.jpgpost-419-0-52492500-1323418928.jpgpost-419-0-40095600-1323419536.jpg

Nice ride !

your life will never be the same again :clap:

Welcome to the wonderful world of SS

Waiting for my SS specific frame to arrive. Ooooooo, can't wait!!!!

Those drop outs sure are pretty!

Nice , what make ?

2012 Kona Unit. Well, frame and fork only as the complete bikes are only available in Feb next year.

2012 Kona Unit. Well, frame and fork only as the complete bikes are only available in Feb next year.

Nice ... where did you manage to find this?

:thumbup:

Sweet , good luck.

Nice ... where did you manage to find this?

Started off at the Kona website, which led me to Maverick Cycles (the official distributor) in Durban. Placed an order and it should arrive before Christmas.

Started off at the Kona website, which led me to Maverick Cycles (the official distributor) in Durban. Placed an order and it should arrive before Christmas.

Keep us posted as soon as it arrives!

I'm craving a sliding-dropout frame myself....but I want a 26-inch one, which seem kind rare...

Keep us posted as soon as it arrives!

I'm craving a sliding-dropout frame myself....but I want a 26-inch one, which seem kind rare...

The only stock bike that I was able to find in 26 inch with adjustable dropouts was the Cotic Simple and it really fell short of what I was looking for. Of course, the other option is full custom, from the likes of Black Cat, Misfit Psycles, Sycip, etc, all around $2000 for a frame, regardless of material.

I'll post up pictures as the build goes on, but currently I have the following:

Kona Unit 18" frame - Soft Orange

XT crank with Blackspire Mono Veloce SS chainring 32 tooth

Wheels - Black A2Z hubs with green Loaded AMXC29 rims

Orange Fire Eye spacer kit

18 tooth Gussett Double six rear cog

Not sure what I want to do with the stem, bar, seatpost and saddle as yet.