Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal Preference.

It may be an old man thing but I did it.

Don't worry mine is also going to get bar ends :-) nice frames those almost got one on the hub the other day.

Will it be ready for our Friday gilroy's ride?

Sadly not but i am doing the right thing letting the paint cure longer. Will finish it after christmas at mankele. I did just go buy blue grips. The last part so all it ready and waiting for the build

There are no rules yet but wait somebody will soon come along and mess it all up !!

The first person to make a rule should be hung, drawn and quartered in public to set an example. I am trying my hardest to assemble a bike with hand me down parts and stuff I have lying around. So far so good, but progress is slow. (Luckily I have another bike to ride!)

Finding it a bit hard to get people to part with the big ticket items though laugh.png

Gilroy's this afternoon then?

Sounds like it. Sadly i will have a geared bike but i promise to still drink beer

Big ticket items , I am to afraid to ask !!

Seeing as you asked....

Wheels and cranks. I have the following:

Frame (Silver back Sierra Green Machine from Routjie) an old Suntour coil shock from Spiderpig, bars and stem from Nigelhicks, brakes from dirt-rider. I have the BB and a seat already. Can source a head set. Looking for the wheels and rotors. (I have tyres) and a set of cranks (I have a chain). I will make a plan with the tensioner.

Almost there! Secret stash of cash is growing slowly though. Not easy to hide the cost of a set of wheels in with the grocery money!

May have a rear wheel for you with 6 bolt rotor , need to service the rear hub since it was another one of my failed projects . Don't know if the front wheel is still lying in the garage .

Oooooh I gave tensioner and LX crank away last week .eek.gif

Edited by dirt-rider

May have a rear wheel for you with 6 bolt rotor , need to service the rear hub since it was another one of my failed projects . Don't know if the front wheel is still lying in the garage .

Oooooh I gave tensioner and LX crank away last week .eek.gif

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I will definitely take you up on the wheel offer... Coming up in January (Definite this time) Should be there first week in January.

No need for postage this time! I'll come collect myself! Let me know if it is available and I'll keep in touch.

Thanks thumbup1.gif

Ok, so, I need help/ advice from The Manne again....

As you may (or may not) know I've recently fitting a rigid fork to the Cotic. Since fitting it I haven't had a chance to ride the bike. I went on leave today and so, have just taken bike for its first rigid ride... Loved it! Can't believe how much more of a workout it is.

Thing is, I kept losing my water bottle. I've got a really nice carbon cage (I run these on all my bikes without problems), but it has the opening at the top - the cage doesn't wrap or join around the top of the bottle - and it just doesn't seem to be able to hold the bottle when things get a little rough.

What do cages do you rigid fork enthusiasts run?

Ok, so, I need help/ advice from The Manne again....

As you may (or may not) know I've recently fitting a rigid fork to the Cotic. Since fitting it I haven't had a chance to ride the bike. I went on leave today and so, have just taken bike for its first rigid ride... Loved it! Can't believe how much more of a workout it is.

Thing is, I kept losing my water bottle. I've got a really nice carbon cage (I run these on all my bikes without problems), but it has the opening at the top - the cage doesn't wrap or join around the top of the bottle - and it just doesn't seem to be able to hold the bottle when things get a little rough.

What do cages do you rigid fork enthusiasts run?

Would two small "blobs" of silicone at the top of the cage on the inside perhaps help to keep it in the cage?