_Daemon_

the rotor are the wrong way round i think

Hi, where does one get that fork, and how hard is it

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like I will have to come and show you okes how to gooi some lekker broadies :clap:

Is that Merida a mtb fork or cyclo-cross fork?

Not sure just says merida. I got it from a friend.

Yup, still deciding what kind of decals to fit....

No, I rattlecan sprayed and clearcoated the frame. Trust me, you have to be so patient and careful doing that - certainly learned a lot doing it myself.

The last paint went on 5 days ago and the finish is still soft enough to dent with a fingernail. Needless to say I haven't ridden her yet.

I have a subject. am keen to slowly start on an SS project (the longer i take, the more chance i have to get strong enough to actually ride it :unsure: ). excuse my ignorance... but rattlecan as in spray paint with a balletjie in it?? and what did you use for clearcoating?

I have a subject. am keen to slowly start on an SS project (the longer i take, the more chance i have to get strong enough to actually ride it :unsure: ). excuse my ignorance... but rattlecan as in spray paint with a balletjie in it?? and what did you use for clearcoating?

Rattlecan clearcoat......

But the rattlecan stuff is generally rubbish quality - fades, chips and cracks easily - better to go with a small touchup gun and automotive paints.

If you're going to paint by yourself, use ENAMEL for colour and clear. The normal lacquer stuff is rubbish. Otherwise send in for powder coating. Or strip and polish.

Some upgrades....

SLX brakes had older ones

Superstar Components Hubs laced onto AMC hoops

Shimano 8 speed chain

Testing her at Oak Valley tomorrow can't wait

post-8906-1371393575,668.jpg

post-8906-1371393587,1431.jpg

post-8906-1371393600,5437.jpg

Sorry SS with belt drive chain

My Sawyer with belt drive; muddy after riding usn red barn race earlier this year and a picture after I gave it a wash, rode through mud during that race as if it wasn't there, no chain suck and NO lube required...

post-4329-0-66524100-1371415204_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-81954600-1371415463_thumb.jpg

Guest Latent Blue

My Sawyer with belt drive; muddy after riding usn red barn race earlier this year and a picture after I gave it a wash, rode through mud during that race as if it wasn't there, no chain suck and NO lube required...

Oh man that's beatiful!!!

Thinking of doing my first SS will try building it myself (first full bike build). Going 650b gonna save cash as I don't need a groupie! What ratio do u run front and back? Average ride about 500m climb? Don't wanna be pushing to much.

Thinking of doing my first SS will try building it myself (first full bike build). Going 650b gonna save cash as I don't need a groupie! What ratio do u run front and back? Average ride about 500m climb? Don't wanna be pushing to much.

Most start on 32 x 18, should be easier enough for most hills and general riding