Bicycling Mag - Pull your socks up!

Eldron

Just got an email about an article : "Optimum Energy for Every Ride"

Opening line: "All you need to do is change these six bad habits you didn't even know you had"

Experiment at the wrong time

Skipping breakfast

Underfuelling during long rides

Not drinking after the ride

Missing recovery window

Don't eat too much in winter when you train less

Apparently this is groundbreaking news seeing that we didn't know we had this bad habits.

Sorry, but google told me that within a month after I started doing endurance sports.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to look forward to it every month. Now it's a 10 minute read at most and it gets chucked onto the coffee table. Not the most exciting read ever. Pity I'm subscribed.

I get Ride from the club and used to buy Bicycling. Now I don't even bother to. Also if you read it closely there are so many spelling mistakes!

I get Ride from the club and used to buy Bicycling. Now I don't even bother to. Also if you read it closely there are so many spelling mistakes!

Yep, I think their proof reader must have been laid off or something. Some issues are really really bad.

I picked up another repeat as well.

It was how to make a homemade repair stand.

I am very sure that I read the same one about a year ago.

Oh well.

Im not going to spend another R80 to renew it again.

6.27 MacFlurry's would be better value for money now days.

Also with the net nowdays and what we read here, I havent learnt anything new in a mag for a looonnnnggg time!

Dear Mr Ronald MacDonald

Can I please order one, 0.67 MacFlurry please.

eeeeish, is that with or without the oreo?

In the latest issue off MBUK you get a Buff. Okay not the real trademarked one but still a seamless tube of material worth atleast R50-R80 in the shops. And don't forget the great thick magazine.

In the latest issue off MBUK you get a Buff. Okay not the real trademarked one but still a seamless tube of material worth atleast R50-R80 in the shops. And don't forget the great thick magazine.

It is worth paying the high price for a quality mag.

Is the latest edition out?

I'm no longer involved with Tread, so I can say this. I still buy the mag off the shelves. Cause it's that good. I should choon Sean to give me a free subscription, hey... :thumbup:

Agreed, when I got the newest Bicycling it seemd fatter than previous os excitedly I opened it and found the cause GT bike pamphlet. Same old drivel.Triathlonplussa, Ride is much better than this and can somoeone ask Mike to stop putting his photo of his ride with Lance in his ed column, getting as boring as the articles.

Agreed, when I got the newest Bicycling it seemd fatter than previous os excitedly I opened it and found the cause GT bike pamphlet. Same old drivel.Triathlonplussa, Ride is much better than this and can somoeone ask Mike to stop putting his photo of his ride with Lance in his ed column, getting as boring as the articles.

yeah I am also getting gatvol of his pics with Lance. ****, by now we all know he was there. Get over it and start doing some decent articles

how did your swim round sun city go ?

Why don't the guys at bicycling road test bikes for themselves much like a car magazine? Compare a Dogma to a scott adicct. Try different wheelssets. Then ask us for feed back if we own the same wheelsets. Could be done 3 months in advance

Nish, that is no good! They should at least be there and try to promote their magazine. But it just confirms their attitude that we have established and known all along.