Anderson transport results removed from racetec?

Guest Jarryd Haley

Hi there.

Just a quick message to clear a few things up.

Firstly, an apology to Anderson and their team.

With retrospect, maybe posting the question here was not the best idea, but it must be remembered that it was just that, a question. I thanked Heimar for his answer and hoped that it would be left at that, but in typical HUB style things were blown way out of proportion. If it was doing such damage to their image (which I hope it did not, and dont think it did), then why didnt the moderators step in and remove it? Again, just a question.

Cheers.

well how about you step up to your apology and change the topic of your thread so that it doesnt seem so damaging?

apologies - I see its already changed. didnt mean to start a rumour.

Edited by Slowbee

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the post didn't make anything worse. The reason for no posting is precisely because of these things.

People want freadom of speech, but not the responsibility and accountability that comes with it. As they say, the pen is mightier than the sword, but a lot of people do not comprehend the damage they can cause to other people with this.

+ 100% ... In general that is SO true!

Tough mistake.

Let's all learn here to be more considered in our contributions here, I ask?

I am here as a member of Hub to feel good and connected about this weird and wonderful sport - cycling.

Maybe you too...

Cool! :thumbup:

If it is potentially damaging to their character, you should make sure every other potential avenue is exhausted, and to list these.

You don't have to "make sure every other potential avenue is exhausted". Only that all REASONABLE avenues are exhausted. The law only requires you to do what a reasonable man in the same position would do. It does not place a burden on you to exhaust every other potential avenue.

Cannot confirm if it's true, but I have already heard this story from one of my Reps. surely if you are NOT doing/taking Drugs - then you WILL take the Test??

I have been Tested twice this year at Nationals, and I ride in the Sub Vet category..!

Which part have you or the rep not read? There was no test so no one had to pee in the cup or are YOU saying that AT never wanted to pee in the cup? It sure reads like that to me by saying "Surely if you are NOT doing/taking drugs - then you WILL take the Test?"

As Heimer said he will pee anyday they ask they just never asked as CISKA AUSTIN Confirmed....or didnt you or the rep read that either?

I agree that it was a stupid post, but there are people out there spreading rumours that vets/subvets taking stuff in SA (personally I find the notion absurd and highly improbable) without naming names and that is just as harmful even if it is baseless statements. Add the unsubstantiated rumours together and something sticks unfortunately.

I think this whole rumour can be nipped in the bud if the original poster would just change the topic heading!!!

Anyway, back to the real question; why were the results removed?

Results were removed for "Dangerous passing" and someone phgones Renee to complain. What amazes me thou is that so many other teams broke rules like going over the white line, feeding on the fly, holding onto cars etc and nothing happens to them. Funny that as I was following certain teams and saw illegal things happen yet nothing came of it.

Williehond, Im sorry thou if you think riders in SV or any other categories from Elite to Master dont dope in South Africa then you are blind or very naive. I know of riders who use product and seen them use it. Product is easily available in South Africa and you will be shocked with the truth unfotunately.

I'm shocked - willehond said doping doesn't happen in SV

Another famous Hubber always joined you in saying they all dope. You could almost say this thread is karma biting him back. Weird how baseless rumours and innuendo hurt when it's aimed at you, isn't it?

You always laughed at me when I said you shouldn't accuse someone unless you have proof. See what happens?

Results were removed for "Dangerous passing" and someone phgones Renee to complain. What amazes me thou is that so many other teams broke rules like going over the white line, feeding on the fly, holding onto cars etc and nothing happens to them. Funny that as I was following certain teams and saw illegal things happen yet nothing came of it.

Williehond, Im sorry thou if you think riders in SV or any other categories from Elite to Master dont dope in South Africa then you are blind or very naive. I know of riders who use product and seen them use it. Product is easily available in South Africa and you will be shocked with the truth unfotunately.

I am no longer shocked that guys take it. Here in Holland the vets/subvets are the biggest dopers and there are some rogue unions where no controls exist and it's not fun to ride there. I just think it's dangerous to claim anyone (even your mates) are clean, just as a beleive it's dangerous to claim everyone is doping. Give people the benefit of the doubt until they are caught.

BTW I think the DQ sucks. That is an incredibly lame excuse for DQ'ing a team. Do it on the ride by warning/notifying the team, don't do it afterwards by hearsay! Why be so strict on the DQ when it's only a funride?

as an aside to all the issues - well done to rideabike for changing the topic and editing the OP.

Respect! +1

Results were removed for "Dangerous passing" and someone phgones Renee to complain.

You answered your own question.

Someone complained...but surely the team can appeal the DQ?

as an aside to all the issues - well done to rideabike for changing the topic and editing the OP.

Respect! +1

Jeez SB you guys can really flog a dead horse....

I personally find the whole business underwhelming and rather exagerated.

Over reaction has been the downfall of many threads over the years.

People want freadom of speech, but not the responsibility and accountability that comes with it. As they say, the pen is mightier than the sword, but a lot of people do not comprehend the damage they can cause to other people with this.

IMHO another massive hub storm in a BB cup..

Everybody goes on about defamation and tarnished images of riders and food getting taken out the mouths of children of pro athletes and what not...

Maybe this is only my view, but if anybody based their opinion of me/my organization based on a rumour started on a highly volatile internet site, well to me that person's opinion/view is nul and void. Water on a frogs back, or whatever. Because you're an idiot for forming an opinion in that regard, and an idiot's opinion does not count. Unless it is a general election in an African country, which is another matter all together.

My question (not leading in any way) to the AT team is this: Everybody moans about the decline of road races in SA (Giro etc), now there is a race where pro's are getting involved (because there is money for them) and is seemingly becoming quite high profile, now everyone still bitches. I understand that it sucks to be beaten by a team with more resources, but surely it is a massive boost to the race and the sport must benefit? Yes, it comes at the price of amateur teams, and in this regard I agree 100%, start a category for teams with only amateur riders.

Jeez SB you guys can really flog a dead horse....

I personally find the whole business underwhelming and rather exagerated.

Over reaction has been the downfall of many threads over the years.

thank you for the complement :clap:

Cannot confirm if it's true, but I have already heard this story from one of my Reps. surely if you are NOT doing/taking Drugs - then you WILL take the Test??

I have been Tested twice this year at Nationals, and I ride in the Sub Vet category..!

There was no drug testing done at the DC, so even if the riders wanted to be tested, they COULDN'T. So maybe you should tell your rep to get his facts straight and keep his mouth shut.

IMHO another massive hub storm in a BB cup..

... Water on a frogs back, or whatever. ...

Must be Wikileaks? :) Or water off a duck's back, perhaps?