Road Rage Cyclists

Dirtbreath

It's idiots like these that gives us cyclists a bad name! :cursing: (although I see it's up country - guess they were pissed that the Bulls didn't win ;) )

Come forward you idiot! and take responsibility for your actions.

Fellow cyclists, if you know who the culprit is, give his details up. It is through behaviour exactly like this that drivers get intolerant enough to kill innocent cyclists like the vast majority of us.

I don't want to be part of a group that include individuals like this.

In my opinion the writer of the story is always the innocent party :)

I'm not defending damaging other people's property - all I'm saying is that I bet the cyclist's version of the story would be quite different...

+1 Asshole should not consider ever moaning or trying to complain on the Hub ever, if you cannot take resposibility for your own actions. :thumbdown:

We all can get upset with cars but to damage and ride away is cowardly.

In my opinion the writer of the story is always the innocent party :)

I'm not defending damaging other people's property - all I'm saying is that I bet the cyclist's version of the story would be quite different...

The old two sides to every story

The old two sides to every story

Yup - in my opinion punching someone's car is not an average reaction to being hooted at.

I'm gueesing the cyclist's veered away from their 20cm pavement limit, driver felt like they were getting in his way and hooted, cyclists swore, driver retorted, situation escalated into swearing and threats, cyclis punched car.

My opinion? Both are wrong :rolleyes:

doesnt matter who was wrong or right, its all about one shot of carbon, some expensive components and too much testoterone and too little brains, you get this crap. Bottomline cyclist turn out to be the idiots in the story because we have no ability to control our emotions - idiots

doesnt matter who was wrong or right, its all about one shot of carbon, some expensive components and too much testoterone and too little brains, you get this crap. Bottomline cyclist turn out to be the idiots in the story because we have no ability to control our emotions - idiots

Yip and every driver out there who reads this article has this now sitting in the back of his mind about cyclists, so ultimately we lose

I would also like to add that it is ILLEGAL to cycle side by side on a road, it's not to say that we shouldn't be sociable when we ride with mates, but common sense should prevail and should only be done in large hard shoulders (even though riding in the hard shoulder is also technically illegal), again using common sense, as opposed to cycling in the lane and getting needlessly in the way. We need to work with the motorists not against them and share the road through common courtesy and mutual respect. In the same way cyclists shouldn't tolerate other cyclists riding helmet-less, the same applies to taking up more space than is completely neccessary and hopefully friends will remind each other of this. Too many wankers out there giving us a bad name, so please correct them if you see it out there...for the good of safe cycling!

I would also like to add that it is ILLEGAL to cycle side by side on a road

So to is prositution and smoking dagga but it will never be stopped ;)

I agree with Eldron on this one and think there is more to this than what the writer is saying.

Hope he does contact the guy and all gets sorted out :D ;)

Ummmmm see my blog on cyclist safety - I have to say in my experience it is mostly the cyclist at fault. But this is a topic which will be discussed for ever and ever and will always be left to the discretion of the individual.

I am keen cyclist and try to ride one behind the other on the roads. But going past the Theewaterkloof dam just past the golf course on Monday. A man and women are riding wide abreast on a blind rise with no yellow line and he's gestering to cars to come past or not. Then he gets pissed off when people hoot. This would not be so bad had they not been on mountain bikes. Come on dude ride on the side of the tar if you want to ride abreast.

In this particular case I dont think its relevant who was at fault. The facts are plain and there for everyone to see -

1)The cyclists intentionally damaged the vehicle.

2)The cyclists ran away without taking responsibility for their actions.

That, to me makes them the guilty party.The actual violation is immaterial, had they not intentionally caused damage, nothing would have come of it.