Thule or Buzz rack?

Dragu

Please could you supply me with your uncles contact details, as I have a Buzz Rack and am looking for some spares

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For your information Buzz Rack has all spares available in South Africa.

Good idea to get your facts straight before slating a product or company you know nothing about.

I suggest you purchase goods from a different retial store in future.One that will give you correct information and back up service.

You may think that another product is the way to go but honestly another retailer is the way to go...!!!!

Rather go get your panties in a knott with Cajees that is not informed on after market repairs on the bike rack. He only communicated to us what was told to him by Cajees.

Or maybe the BuzzRack rep need to visit the shops once in a while to make sure that they all know where to get spares and replacement parts.

With 7 posts, you should really go and take your agro attitude elsewhere.

• 3 years later...

Now what businessman will introduce a product to compete with the likes of Thule and not be able to supply a quality back up service?

Many comments here are coming from bad experiences? or people who are always paranoid about being done in? :blush:  

Do you not question the ethics when looking at new products?

Buzz are just fine in SA as are Thule Rhino Saris and many others.

Its just about choices and ensuring the distributor is committed to that specific brand and not in it for the short term :whistling:

http://www.rackandcarry.co.za/Bike-Racks

Edited by feetup

I have a holdfast that is mounted on my trailer.

Once set up it is a breeze to use.

Bikes are very stable

There will be a new kid on the block soon. A German product by one of the tow bar pioneers Westfalia. The bike carrier with a few add-ons is very versatile. It will be on the higher end of the price scale and will probably compete with Thule's higher end models.

post-24942-0-44709500-1423551955_thumb.jpg

post-24942-0-39504400-1423551971_thumb.jpg

post-24942-0-37151800-1423552005_thumb.jpg

post-24942-0-04754300-1423552040_thumb.jpg

post-24942-0-77078100-1423552064_thumb.jpg

I had another make and I had scratched bikes ... then I got a Thule and have had nothing but good experiences and so easy to use.

Eventually the locking mechanism on my carrier started to give a bit of trouble -- I expected to have it repaired, but there was not even a debate and they replaced the very old carrier with a brand new one. I have heard lots of strories of guys who have had after-sales service from Thule that is way better than can normally be expected.

I rate Thule as the best cycling "accessory"  I have.

• 2 weeks later...

I guys, I also have a Buzz Rack and need spares for it. Can anyone help with information. The bottom (Clamp and spring??) is damaged and keeps fpost-71902-0-23135500-1424343048_thumb.jpgpost-71902-0-72926300-1424343052_thumb.jpgalling off.

• 1 year later...

Before purchasing the BuzzRack Entourage (Amazon $300.00) I went to the BuzzRack Homepage and contacted them via email requesting that they replace a faulty clamp.  They replied the next day, with a spare parts file attachment and asked that I identify the part, saying that it would be replaced at no charge.  I purchased the rack the next day.  I can't afford $600.00 or $700.00 on a Thule or Yarris.  From what I researched I'm getting the same deal if not better if you include the frame and hitch locks.  I'll keep you informed on how the BuzzRack handles the road.  

The local support for Thule has always impressed me, with plenty spare parts if you need to replace. Any issues ive had with my previous carriers they are quick to sort out, expensive, but peace of mind ultimately.

Sulu's tone on this thread actually grinds my gears. I wouldnt support purely because of his approach and eagerness to make the issue the consumers. Education is key, not beration.. might learn a lesson or two still.

Edited by Surv0MTB

• 2 years later...

Wanting to revive this thread. I have a Thule 3 bike rack, but it cannot fit 3 adult mtbikes (even with seats and bars removed).

I see that Buzzrack has 20cm gaps between tyre trays, to Thule's 17. Can anyone comment on the latest Buzzrack models? 

Not wanting to start an after sales rumpus, just wanting comments on usability.

Wanting to revive this thread. I have a Thule 3 bike rack, but it cannot fit 3 adult mtbikes (even with seats and bars removed).

I see that Buzzrack has 20cm gaps between tyre trays, to Thule's 17. Can anyone comment on the latest Buzzrack models? 

Not wanting to start an after sales rumpus, just wanting comments on usability.

Same rack, similar issue .....

Thankfully 99% of the time I only transport 2 bikes.  I have resorted to using tray 1 and 3.

With the width of handlebars I doubt the extra 3cm will solve this issue though ....

In the Thule store I noticed that they actually turn the handlebar sideways .... too much of a schlep for normal use, but I certainly will do this if I need to transport three full sized bikes !

Same rack, similar issue .....

Thankfully 99% of the time I only transport 2 bikes.  I have resorted to using tray 1 and 3.

With the width of handlebars I doubt the extra 3cm will solve this issue though ....

In the Thule store I noticed that they actually turn the handlebar sideways .... too much of a schlep for normal use, but I certainly will do this if I need to transport three full sized bikes !

I don't mind turning the bars, its the seat-stays hitting the fork of the adjacent bike that makes it impossible. Now with Boost it's even harder. Thule's 3 bike rack, as you say, is a 2 bike rack. I'm not paying that sort of money again.