Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Ouch, scathing words from UCI Prez:

A French newspaper has reported that Pat McQuaid is "angry" at Alberto Contador for having tainted the image of cycling and that of the Tour de France. In an interview with Le Parisien, the head of the International Cycling Union (UCI) said that he wanted the case involving the 2010 Tour de France winner to be decided as soon as possible. The Spanish cycling federation has been investigating Contador's Clenbuterol positive for almost four months now.

"I don't want to speak about the affair before it is concluded. But naturally, the fact that the Clenbuterol was found overshadows last year's Tour de France. Whether he is guilty or not, Contador has damaged us very much," said McQuaid, also clarifying his recent comments doubting Contador's presence at this year's Tour.

I wonder if he's also angry with his golden boy, LA?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of "coulds" still in the mix.

And things are hotting up:

From cyclingnews.com:

The Spanish Cycling Federation could make a decision on Alberto Contador's positive test for Clenbuterol on Thursday, with Spanish media reporting he will receive a one-year ban.

Lots of "coulds" still in the mix.

And things are hotting up:

From cyclingnews.com:

The Spanish Cycling Federation could make a decision on Alberto Contador's positive test for Clenbuterol on Thursday, with Spanish media reporting he will receive a one-year ban.

Yup, if the Spanish reports are true, this is going to drag on for some months with the appeal process.

I wonder if he's also angry with his golden boy, LA?

I doubt it, he donated some money somewhere along the line.

Contador to receive one-year ban for Clenbuterol positive

Spanish federation decision final on February 9

"The Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) has decided to impose a one-year ban on 2010 Tour de France winner Alberto Contador for his Clenbuterol positive, El Pais reported today.

The RFEC is reportedly recommending the suspension, while Contador has 10 days to appeal the decision before the final opinion is issued on February 9.

Contador tested positive for a low level of the banned substance during the 2010 Tour de France's second rest day in Pau. He claimed the adverse finding was the result of contaminated meat consumed that day. He was provisionally suspended by the UCI in September after the announcement of the test results was made.

Contador signed with the Saxo Bank team before the doping controversy erupted, and has been preparing for the season with the team at a training camp in Mallorca this week.

Contador stands to be stripped of his title in the Tour, his third victory in the race and fifth Grand Tour win."

Source

Thought so...

What his chances with the appeal? There is a number of athletes that have come off scott free after being caught with clen...

I'm not a fan of AC but I really want to see him at the TdF.

Thought so...

What his chances with the appeal? There is a number of athletes that have come off scott free after being caught with clen...

I'm not a fan of AC but I really want to see him at the TdF.

Would seem a bit lenient to let him off scott free seeing as Radioshack's Fuyu Li was suspended for the same thing and used the same reason for it being found in his system.

Would seem a bit lenient to let him off scott free seeing as Radioshack's Fuyu Li was suspended for the same thing and used the same reason for it being found in his system.

Yup, that is true <_< but whose going to give Andy a run for his money at the Tour? Maybe Vino's having some steak :P ...again :P

True, i would have liked to have seen the 2 go head to head with no chain incident this time. 2010 Contador won fair and square but I will always wonder what would have happened if.....

2010 Contador won fair and square but I will always wonder what would have happened if.....

um, i'm a bit clueless on the subject as i'm a mtb'er, but surely if he had doped he didn't win fair and square

um, i'm a bit clueless on the subject as i'm a mtb'er, but surely if he had doped he didn't win fair and square

Um your'e right. :oops:

He didn't dope! Can't a person have a steak anymore these days?!? :P :lol: :P

Basso, Vino, maybe brother Frank wants to upstage Andy, he has the pedigree :unsure:

The team 1's should be interesting.

Was wondering why this had received so little comments - and then noticed this was only put up an hour ago... Will be interesting to see the reaction in the AM...