Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

I reckon he got lucky.

Ye, I reckon it was more than luck, he was being helped to stay in the clear - initially the UCI refused to acknowledge he had tested positive at all. The work of a hard nosed German journalist exposed the positive.

Traces of blood bag residue were also found in his samples, although as I recall there is not yet legislation in place to make this a bannable offense, and this angle has been played down or not reported at all.

“There are other, very, very incriminating suspicious facts against Contador. Other values have appeared that are ten times over the higher value from so-called plasticizers [such as di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) – ed.] which are used in blood bags. These values were measured one day before the positive dope control. These blood bag softener values could indicate that autologous blood doping may have been performed.”

“The UCI completely kept this under the covers,” he continued. “They didn't say anything to this yesterday. Again the question about the credibility of the UCI comes up.”

http://www.velonatio...ansfusions.aspx

Edited by Luke.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Contador is a remarkeable rider, irrespect of his doping allegation..

He will ride the K#K out of most guys in the peloton!!!

Hope to see him back, RACING AGAIN!! ;)

I think Contador is a remarkeable rider, irrespect of his doping allegation..

He will ride the K#K out of most guys in the peloton!!!

Hope to see him back, RACING AGAIN!! ;)

It looks like we're going to have to wait a lot longer for the Ricco/Contador match up. Pity.

Will be interesting to see how AC reacts, as mentioned earlier he said he would quit the sport if he gets a 2 year ban, so now he got a 1 year ban (Suspicious?) and (effective from When?)

Will he accept it quietly or will he make a fuss?

Ultimately the fact is he was caught with a banned substance in his blood and he will have to face the consequences. Does not matter how small an amount or how it got there, IT’S THERE and it’s not supposed to be there. Obviously he can protest and IMO he has voiced his protests enough, now he needs to move on and ACCEPT life as it is.

Will be interesting to see how AC reacts, as mentioned earlier he said he would quit the sport if he gets a 2 year ban, so now he got a 1 year ban (Suspicious?) and (effective from When?)

Will he accept it quietly or will he make a fuss?

Ultimately the fact is he was caught with a banned substance in his blood and he will have to face the consequences. Does not matter how small an amount or how it got there, IT’S THERE and it’s not supposed to be there. Obviously he can protest and IMO he has voiced his protests enough, now he needs to move on and ACCEPT life as it is.

So we can accept that your stance on LA '99 sample is the same?

Not saying he did and not saying he did not, but one of the side effects of doping is facial muscle changes <_<

post-4352-0-91466100-1296132275.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: this photo was taken just after he got given the PK of being caught!

Told my boss once I demand to work from home using my bed as office equipment or else quit the 8-5 life.

He said to go ahead

Unless I am very much mistaken the Spanish Cycling Federation is forwarding a proposal to ban Cuntador for 1 yr.

the UCI can still ban him for 2yrs...

it appears he may be able to ride in local races that do not cont for UCIpoint after his Spanish year.

Interesting. We all know doping is widespread in all professional sports. Take the two south african rugby players who appeared before a tribunal yesterday. Their defense is that they didn't knowingly ingest any performance enhancing drugs... You see,it was in a commercially available sports drink. Yeah pull the other one why don't ya?

Does WADA get involved here, are they the World Anti Doping Agency, or the Cycling Anti Doping Police? I'd be stunned if these two wankers get more than a slap on the wrist.

The WADA code says that a professional athlete is responsible for everything in their body/bloodstream...

I still can't get over the tennis player cocaine moron whose kissed a girl defense is legitimate, but ingesting cows injected with steroids, which is a fairly widespread practice (although the authorities pretend it isn't - sort of like injecting chickens with brine, and selling em years after their expiry date - what you pretend you don't know, only buggers other people...) is a no no?

Theres more to this than the obvious.

These UCI and WADA pricks are slowly but surely killing this magnificent sport.

Edited by TNT1

Unless I am very much mistaken the Spanish Cycling Federation is forwarding a proposal to ban Cuntador for 1 yr.

the UCI can still ban him for 2yrs...

it appears he may be able to ride in local races that do not cont for UCIpoint after his Spanish year.

As I have it the case has been handed over by the UCI to the Spanish Cycling Fed. Thus, his fate is in their hands. Just as he can appeal the ban, so can the UCI appeal the ban. It's not a case of a Spanish ban and a UCI ban. The Spanish decide on the ban (even though the UCI still can have their say).

have just seen that they have accepted AC excuse of comtaminated meat as a defense!!

WTF???

There is a 1 in 300000 chance that his steak could have been contaminated. How many steaks do you think are eaten a day? There is doubt and that is all he needs.

There is a 1 in 300000 chance that his steak could have been contaminated. How many steaks do you think are eaten a day? There is doubt and that is all he needs.

so that equates to less than one percent!!!!

not a change!!!

Just a bad docter!! doesn't know how to clean AC's blood!!!

Maybe the blood transfusion needle was dirty :whistling: :unsure: :unsure: