Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

He may never have tested positive but he took recreational drugs ! And his DNA was found witha certain Doctor who liked to dope riders.

so? its all circumstantial.. the point is - it shows how easily they get away with it. Just because his DNA was with the infamous doctor, does not categorically prove he was doping.

its a frikkin joke :S

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also, if passing pantani on a climb means you're doping, then theres a few other names who should be mentioned as well

Surely you don't mean...?

I'm shocked.

or like vino in 2007(?) who couldnt hang onto the frikkin lantern rouge one day and then won the individual TT the next day....at least vino tested positive.

ulrich never once tested positive for PEDS.

also, if passing pantani on a climb means you're doping, then theres a few other names who should be mentioned as well

Ha,Ha, Pantani, a complete pharmacy in one rider. The only thing he never took was a headache tablet, most days he was so incomprehensible no one knew what he was on about.

At one stage if memory serves me he was so doped his blood parameters went completely out and he nearly died, he had to be rushed to hospital for a complete blood transfusion and while he was still in hospital recovering his hematologist accused him of continuing doping............ in the hospital!

I would like to read his life story one day, the true Jan.

"The Cycling Life of A Ginger"

On searching u toob for Press Conference vid,

is the firs thing that comes up ... (after con ...)

Apt metaphor?

He was still a damn fine athlete though, his ride in the 003 tour was the stuff of dreams, - I still claim he should have put the hammer down when LA and Mayo got tangled up, he wasn't there to win friends and he most likely would have put sufficient time into LA to win comfortably...........but water under the bridge.

Of course Lance claimed he did put the hammer down. Echoes of what happened when Andy didn't know how to shift and attack at the same time and Contador went up the road.

Ha,Ha, Pantani, a complete pharmacy in one rider. The only thing he never took was a headache tablet, most days he was so incomprehensible no one knew what he was on about.

At one stage if memory serves me he was so doped his blood parameters went completely out and he nearly died, he had to be rushed to hospital for a complete blood transfusion and while he was still in hospital recovering his hematologist accused him of continuing doping............ in the hospital!

Both Ronchi and Rendell's books are required reading.

some have calculated pantani could produce 6.9w/kg . Thats just insane.

......some days Pantani thought he could fly..............I mean literally,..... other days he could barely get out of bed, but I guess that's what happens when the only supplement you ever took was your Mama's Pannini Bread, ..............or that's what he said anyway.

Both Ronchi and Rendell's books are required reading.

No, Havent read them, Ronchi was his girlfriend / promoter or something, No?

I seem to recall she looked after him.

Do you know the books names, I didnt know there was a book on him, I just followed his life as it was sort of my era and I mean at the time he was a world icon to be honest, probably bigger than LA had he kept it together.

Of course Lance claimed he did put the hammer down. Echoes of what happened when Andy didn't know how to shift and attack at the same time and Contador went up the road.

Oh, yeah, indeed.

I have the DVD, its one of the best tours ever in my opinion, and its clear (to me anyway) he sat up, actually before Hamilton got to him, but then they really slowed down and waited, at that point there was only what, 15 secs between them, Ulrich could have taken back two minutes and won in my opinion. I bet he still rues that day.

Cadel now a hot favourite for the TdF

Which other contender can TT the way he does; other than Berto?

hmm... so ulrich is innocent then - he's never tested positive... and there are others who where asked for a TUE and emphatically stated they did not have one. then when the positive test arrived the produced one. Urine samples taken from when EPO wasnt on the banned substance list which tested positive?

Did not say that - Never mind Ullrich the topic of the week is AC, WHO DID INDEED TEST POSITIVE

Cadel now a hot favourite for the TdF

Which other contender can TT the way he does; other than Berto?

Why would this be ?

No, Havent read them, Ronchi was his girlfriend / promoter or something, No?

I seem to recall she looked after him.

Do you know the books names, I didnt know there was a book on him, I just followed his life as it was sort of my era and I mean at the time he was a world icon to be honest, probably bigger than LA had he kept it together.

Am a big fan of his, despite his missteps.

Manuela Ronchi managed him. She was also the conduit between him and the family in the rougher times. Hers is called: Man on the Run: The Life and Death of Marco Pantani.

Matt Rendell's The Death of Marco Pantani paints a less complimentary potrait of Roncho and her relationship with Marco. He also touches on Pantani's sexual proclivities to suggest that he may have had a dalliance with a tranny. Not sure whose version I trust more, so read them in tandem.

Wilcockson also wrote a book about him, but I found it unremarkable.

Did not say that - Never mind Ullrich the topic of the week is AC, WHO DID INDEED TEST POSITIVE

what you on about? I was talking to gman :)

actually - whats the wada stance on plasticizers? are they not a banned substances yet?