Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

That's it, as Typhoon said, once you've gone over the steel bridge, before you start the descent, turn right.

But be warned, it's not easy.

Don't do it alone.

Thanx. Will try it out if I can manage to get someone to go with....

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That hike a bike looked a tad knackering .. Was surprised at that particular steel bridge there was a steel wire going across it. I stopped just in time before it stopped me dead in my tracks. But the section after that was such a blast ,so much single track in one place .what an awesome place to ride. I get the hype made about vg now.

That's it, as Typhoon said, once you've gone over the steel bridge, before you start the descent, turn right.

But be warned, it's not easy. 

Don't do it alone.

aah you turned after the bridge, i turned before it...

the very steep climb that isn't really ride-able, the zigzag up next to it has grown over.

aah you turned after the bridge, i turned before it...

the very steep climb that isn't really ride-able, the zigzag up next to it has grown over.

I think You rode Pofadder.... Second only to the Vulture on the toughness ladder

I think You rode Pofadder.... Second only to the Vulture on the toughness ladder

yeah, that's the one.

Yesterday I wondered up the path just before that cattle grid, that goes to the left, definitely think it's a hiking trail, coz well... it's not very bike friendly, turned around when it went straight up... 

post-30949-0-48295900-1452492868_thumb.jpeg

View of Pofadder from the opposite hill.

post-30949-0-58752800-1452492808_thumb.jpeg

And the Cliff Hanger ... scares me every time we ride it. I have yet to ride the whole section in one go due to the sheer craziness of it.

which one is the cliff hanger?

Is that the section next to the dirt road on the way to the shop?

yip, that's it. 

yip, that's it. 

Shot.

it's THE only reason I ride/walk/ride/walk/walk up concrete strips... By far the best part of VG for me.

The river is a bit meh when compared to that...wifey was feeling a bit off kilter the last time we went to VG so we did not do it.. and TBH the ride felt like a bit of a bummer...

Shot.

it's THE only reason I ride/walk/ride/walk/walk up concrete strips... By far the best part of VG for me.

The river is a bit meh when compared to that...wifey was feeling a bit off kilter the last time we went to VG so we did not do it.. and TBH the ride felt like a bit of a bummer...

:eek:

and :eek:  :eek: !!!

River..meh :blink:  :mellow:

you make my heart sore.

:eek:

and :eek:  :eek: !!!

River..meh :blink:  :mellow:

you make my heart sore.

Dont take it personally, Different strokes and all that.

The river is awesome..but it doesnt give me quite the rush that cliffhanger does...

Dont take it personally, Different strokes and all that.

The river is awesome..but it doesnt give me quite the rush that cliffhanger does...

You will have quite a "rush" if you take a tumble down one of the edges.........LOL....