Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont take it personally, Different strokes and all that.

The river is awesome..but it doesnt give me quite the rush that cliffhanger does...

different rushes for me.

I'd still like to be able to ride the whole of cliff hanger :cursing:  there're a couple spots that always catch me out.

Never ridden VG :ph34r: . I know...missing out. This year for sure!

Any video footage of someone riding these hair-raising sections?

And the Cliff Hanger ... scares me every time we ride it. I have yet to ride the whole section in one go due to the sheer craziness of it.

It gets better once you fall off, trust me I have done it before. Cleats are not a good idea there. 

Never ridden VG :ph34r: . I know...missing out. This year for sure!

Any video footage of someone riding these hair-raising sections?

Nope, none that I have, but just go and check it out, walk it or ride then, but go, it's a damn scary experience. Just fall left if you do fall!

Edited by Kraggie

different rushes for me.

I'd still like to be able to ride the whole of cliff hanger :cursing:  there're a couple spots that always catch me out.

Mostly that steep climb once through the gate ... and then a bit on over the rock garden

Damn! Now that looks challenging. Yip some tight turns on the edge there! Probably the type of trail I need to ride to up my game!

Thanks for the video.

I need to make a plan! 

Mostly that steep climb once through the gate ... and then a bit on over the rock garden

yes (gate climb)  :cursing: and then  :cursing: the,, um summit , let;s call it.. there's a rather rideable little drop, but the flippen height of trail throws off my ability to ride... that and the patty in my broek!  

at about 32s also 1.20s

Hectic. Had similar sections at Ashburton Clarens last year that was compulsory portages. I have to go and ride VG!

is this the entrance to that cliffhanger section... We were to tired and had heard it was tricky. Looking at that video we were right????

But vg has something for everyone one...and the river section at speed when you don't know where your going is a blast. Couldn't wipe the smile of my face.

Edited by Pikey