Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

Ltg / VG family

Can you maybe post some gpx files. This might be an easier solution if the farmers prefer not to have signs up

G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ltg / VG family

Can you maybe post some gpx files. This might be an easier solution if the farmers prefer not to have signs up

G

hi awesme

I've posted a few files on this thread of various routes i've done.

Trails are open to cyclists and trail runners we are seeing more trail runners everyday. They run on the same route as the cyclists do

We also have a few trail running events our website is being updated but it should be online soon so you can checkout all the dates

Sweet ! Thanks for the info.

Might just drop by on Monday for a lekker 20k :)

Need to get the training in for Magalies Mayhem

Ok, I'm sold.

Need to get a bit fitter, then get one or two mates to join and come that way (from alberton)

Ltg, can def feel your love for it, victor, tell your dad it sounds awesome

Will download some of the maps posted by ltg and have a look

G

Ok, I'm sold.

Need to get a bit fitter, then get one or two mates to join and come that way (from alberton)

G

Dude ..you don't need to be fit to enjoy VG.

Yes, if you're doing The Concete road , Oom Piet (and the lung busting Pofadder) you'll definitely get yor HR racing...

But go out and enjoy the River and surrounding Singletrack ... The only medical condition you'll come back with is cavities .... Because those trails soooooooo sweet!!!

Ok, I'm sold.

G

Here's a short , but super fun (and VERY flat) route

http://connect.garmin.com/page/activity/activity.faces?activityId=136310883&actionMethod=page%2Factivity%2Factivity.xhtml%3AuserSwitcher.switchSystem&cid=3001758

The routers are all adequately sign posted as well - thanks to Eric and team.

One thing I am not clear on - are you supposed to pay / get a permit at the Kaas Shop 1st?

Otherwise, thanks again, best mtb trail in GP imho.

Edited by kosmonooit

On the day rates are R40 p.p. and you only sign indemnity once for the year but for regulars you can get a year permit for R660...trails free for kids under 12...

Really hope LTG is not paying anymore, he has been such an awesome representative for VG.

will def be seeing me soon. Ltg, might ask if you keen on playing tour guide for me and a mate or 2 (something around 20-30km, what type of climbing can we expect)?

G

On the day rates are R40 p.p. and you only sign indemnity once for the year but for regulars you can get a year permit for R660...trails free for kids under 12...

Hi there

Seen you posted url's to the http://connect.garmin.com link, might be easier at times to actually post the gpx file, easier to download (in discussion with the admin to allow us to do just this on here, create a section where we can post a short summary and the accompanying gpx files, which others can then download).

G

hi awesme

I've posted a few files on this thread of various routes i've done.

Really hope LTG is not paying anymore, he has been such an awesome representative for VG.

will def be seeing me soon. Ltg, might ask if you keen on playing tour guide for me and a mate or 2 (something around 20-30km, what type of climbing can we expect)?

G

I paid my annual sub on the 2nd of Jan with a massive smile on my face!

Best value for Money in mountain biking!

Re being a "tour guide" , I'll gladly take you around what I'm familiar with.

I'm just way from this Wednesday till the end if the month. First weekend I'll ride again is the 5th of May.

Did the Greek Church loop over the weekend & it was my first time at Van Gaalens. All I can say is AWESOME!!! It was a bit confusing the first time, but I did not get lost.

This place is a gem! Need to go ride there more often... :thumbup: The flowing single-track next to the river must be the best I have ever ridden!! :clap:

Over and above VG being super lekker to ride...its also gives me the top workout score in sporttracks if I do the concrete strips, daggapad, tant miems, oom piets and river home. If you add the greek church in as well, its a epic day in the saddle. Works everything...your climbing, descending, tech ability, speedwork but dont even think about riding it if you haven't gone tubeless