"Snip" - the first bad deal I've had on the hub!

Edge_Design

One more comment - how sure are you of your honest intentions if you use a separate addy to do your deals. Guess you'll have to get another new one now - irrespective of their views, I don't think a lot of people on The Hub will be doing business with either Snip or Chicababe after this.

Well if you think i am snip it is your opinion, IF you maybe look at my profile and then at snips, i think there will be a diffrence. Be free to look. On the other hand, the hub is here for every ones free opinoin and i gave my 5c worth. As I bought some polor stuff from her not long ago, it just seem right to justify her. There are people here that justify edge, whom is buying from him, and I dont see people say that the guy defending edges as a seller is edge self.

:P :P :P

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you did not know what dimpled wheels are, would you go and advertise any old set as dimpled event though you had no idea what it means? ?

Not necessary, there are many trustworthy guys here on the hub that I have had dealings with and Edge is one of them.

I have 2nd hand equipment lying in the garage that I bought almost 6 month ago from another trusted hubber, still dont know if they work 100% cause I havent yet gone through the trouble of building my TT bike. But I trust that the equipment is 100% because I trust his word.

Yes that makes sense....I didnt say by giving rims that was not dimpled is right...that section is wrong. I was talking about he crack part....

Also I dealt with loads of people and believe Edge is a honest person...just think it might have been better to talk it out in Private than to name and shame each other here...

I may be wrong, but I've never seen Zipp wheels with red nipples and black spokes. If this is the case, those wheels have also been rebuilt.

However, your photos are contradictory. You show one wheel with black spokes, yet refer to another photo of that wheel with silver spokes.

Explain that.

I may be wrong, but I've never seen Zipp wheels with red nipples and black spokes. If this is the case, those wheels have also been rebuilt.

However, your photos are contradictory. You show one wheel with black spokes, yet refer to another photo of that wheel with silver spokes.

Explain that.

very valid point!! I also only noticed that nw, the one in the pic has silver spokes, the other one black spokes....mmmm

In your professional opinion Johan, does that crack look like something that could happened during transit?

To me it clearly looks like a crack from an impact.

very valid point!! I also only noticed that nw, the one in the pic has silver spokes, the other one black spokes....mmmm

Both sets have red nipples... I think it's just the spokes look black - I could be wrong...

In your professional opinion Johan, does that crack look like something that could happened during transit?

:thumbup:

Both sets have red nipples... I think it's just the spokes look black - I could be wrong...

Okay, might be, then he must just take pics of the full wheel :)

An impact of that magnitude whould have crushed the box and upon delivery would have raised a good deal of suspicion.. Edge is an importer and would flag that and open them - I have had many dealings with edge on honour and integrity and he's a straight up guy.

Hope you have a conversation with 'Snip' and come to mutual understanding/

This is not the place for such discussion.

In support to a meaningful end for you both.

^_^

An impact of that magnitude whould have crushed the box and upon delivery would have raised a good deal of suspicion.. Edge is an importer and would flag that and open them - I have had many dealings with edge on honour and integrity and he's a straight up guy.

I meant impact from the wheel hitting a pothole/brick/railway track while it was being used while cycling.

the tubby is not affected so it is a side impact or stone defelcted into it from the side.

The nipples are non std and I reckon this wheel has been recently rebuilt - the wheelbuilder should notice that pretty quickly in the truing stand.

Why not buy a 303 or 404 rim and have the wheel rebuilt it should be the cheapest solution.

One rim costs more than this entire transaction.

I meant impact from the wheel hitting a pothole/brick/railway track while it was being used while cycling.

Since Shaun hasn't ridden them this would be "pre-delivery" damage

forget about how it was damaged.

My question:

It was sold 11 Jan 2011, and it was paid by buyer

On the 21 Fen 2011 the buyer come back with a damage wheel picture.

To me, sorry, I cannot see Snip at fault here.

Anyone of you !!! WHEN YOU BUY CARBON WHEELSM THE FIRST THING YOU WILL DO IS POLISH IT, GET IT NICE AND BLING..Surely you should pic up a big damage like that within 6 weeks.

Sorry, but that do not add up.