"Snip" - the first bad deal I've had on the hub!

Edge_Design

What is criminal here, is that The Hub has not found a solution yet.

I might add that the silver spoke/black spoke pics are quite amusing.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi The Break

I dont think the court will rule on this. There is to many unknowns

Did snip knows about the gash in the rim?

reading her post she is telling that she do not know how to change a tubby, you do not change it, you glue it, and take 48 hours to dry. So, het knowledge about these type of rims is almost zero (sorry, but not in a bad way)

Than, what proof are there that the damage was not done by the buyer

also , was it damaged in transit.

Second hand goods are mostly sell ""as is""

Asked the old guys on this forum, How I baught a brand new Tag Heuer (accialy two), paid for one, and what did I got through the post, ..... a couple of old Huigenoots and a pool pump manual.

Trust me, I went through the same (almost), but at the end my seller was put in the lime light and after months paid me back.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to everyone that not everyone on the Hub IS HONEST OR TRUSTWORTHY AND IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE PERSON, than transact as if he is from Gumtree.

Never ever buy watches on the Hub..... and remember I am watching you!!!!!

Well if you think i am snip it is your opinion, IF you maybe look at my profile and then at snips, i think there will be a diffrence. Be free to look.

Doubt even the CSI guys would work out how that would be possible!

Mod Note:

One more comment - how sure are you of your honest intentions if you use a separate addy to do your deals. Guess you'll have to get another new one now - irrespective of their views, I don't think a lot of people on The Hub will be doing business with either Snip or Chicababe after this.

You appear to be very sure that Chicababe and Snip are the same person?

Well if you think i am snip it is your opinion, IF you maybe look at my profile and then at snips, i think there will be a diffrence. Be free to look. On the other hand, the hub is here for every ones free opinoin and i gave my 5c worth. As I bought some polor stuff from her not long ago, it just seem right to justify her. There are people here that justify edge, whom is buying from him, and I dont see people say that the guy defending edges as a seller is edge self. :P :P :P

After a quick look at what is available to me, Snip posted from a different IP (resolving to a Telkom ADSL hostname) to that of Chicababe (also resolving to a Telkom ADSL hostname) during the same time frame. I would say in my experience with working on log files with originating IPs on a daily basis, the chance that Chicababe is an alias of Snip is minimal.

So we will leave it here and please remember to continue to keep it clean. Thanks.

Mod Note:

After a quick look at what is available to me, Snip posted from a different IP (resolving to a Telkom ADSL hostname) to that of Chicababe (also resolving to a Telkom ADSL hostname) during the same time frame. I would say in my experience with working on log files with originating IPs on a daily basis, the chance that Chicababe is an alias of Snip is minimal.

So we will leave it here and please remember to continue to keep it clean. Thanks.

Maybe they just went to the same school :lol: :lol:

1. He bought an item that was second hand (and stated as such by the seller), sight unseen and on receipt of the item he chose not to inspect it (which is a bit silly) and ensure that the item delivered was the same as the item he expected.

2. The buyer then sold the item on, the sale of which took some 3 weeks (which incidentally gave the buyer ample time to inspect the goods at his leisure). How do you prove that the damage wasn't made by the 3rd party or even the courier/postage service to the 3rd party?

I'm really sorry but the buyer here is 100% at fault. Who really buys anything (especially 2nd hand stuff) without inspecting it? How could you even sell it on without checking it? I buy anything (especially bike related!)and I'm all over for hours! If I'm not mistaken the courts will test by means of "reasonable man", would another reasonable person in the same circumstance follow the same course... I very much doubt you got a case bud.

As for the bit where the seller posted the wrong information, well mistakes happen (whether intentionally or not) and the buyer would've picked that up immediately he opened the parcel.

Lessons here are simple, if you're buying anything 2nd hand (or even new for that matter), for goodness sake check your purchase! Good luck.

Are you a lawyer?

Everything I've read here is unsubstantiated. Her word vs his. Because he sold them on, without checking, and timeously at that, there are too many variables. Perhaps the 4th buyer crashed on them, had them rebuilt, went back to the 3rd buyer to try and salvage some of his money? Who knows? And that's the point.

She mentioned the wheels were second hand when she had them. Regardless of the OP's intentions for their use/resale, he should have prtected his investment by scrutinising the purchase, or, as I mentioned way back, been more careful in the first place.

Read my post again. The point is not the damage but the incorrect model of wheels.

Read my post again. The point is not the damage but the incorrect model of wheels.

But does he have the dimple part in writing? If not then this makes no difference

If I receive anything from the hub, I check it out even if I get it from my best friend. More so when sending anything. Will make damm sure it is in 100% working order.

[snip should man-up (woman-up) and accept responsibility for false advertising and repay the buyer. It comes down to honor at the end of the day, something not often seen. She would not have a leg to stand in a legal case and she would have more to loose in legal fees.

I agree with you IF THERE WAS NO DAMAGE. The question is: Who damaged the wheel.

In my opinion edge waited to long. If he did not inspected the wheels on delivery, his problem

Are you Snip or Chicababe?

Because you 'Chicababe' just replied to a post asking why no comment from 'Snip'? Just asking...

Your spelling and language are very similar, you must be close.

'

Brother, if you are going to assume that 'snip' is 'chickababe' based on poor grammar and spelling, then I have a feeling that you and I and a very few others are the only real entities. Everyone else posting is 'snip' by other names!

'

Brother, if you are going to assume that 'snip' is 'chickababe' based on poor grammar and spelling, then I have a feeling that you and I and a very few others are the only real entities. Everyone else posting is 'snip' by other names!

Or that we're all the same person too :)