"Snip" - the first bad deal I've had on the hub!

Edge_Design

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is nice, blame the buyer not the seller at all? All his fault?

Snip could have done this also....I can not

believe how you can blame the buyer...and say nothing about Snip?

I think it is because of this type of situations that the is a saying ' let the Buyer beware '

a bit off topic....but can I have the wheels if you not gona use them ;)

Sucks what happened tho...

Edited by MTB_Roadie

crack or no crack - if she said they were dimpled and they are clearly not - that is misleading and should be returned

crack or no crack - if she said they were dimpled and they are clearly not - that is misleading and should be returned

Fully agree, short and to the point...misleading....

If you open a box and it isnt what you swoped it for or bought, what will you do wait for time to go by and then sell the wheels to a other lad, he brings it back dammage that you didnt even see, and want to give it back to the seller you got it from, or will you call the seller and say, Hay man this is not what we agreed on and please send me my wheels back as I will send yours.

+ 1

The minute you get lawyers involved, you're already looking at anything from a 2k retainer upwards, before the first letter has even been sent... For a R7k claim, go via the small claims court... They're to be found at most of the local Magistrate's courts -- depending on where the two of you are, this will determine the relevant jurisdiction...

This is, as you have correctly pointed out, not a straight up and down case, but at least through the SCC your costs will be minimal, and more importantly, should you not be successful - at least you won't be left with having to pay the other side's legal fees as well - which is possible, should it go anywhere else other than the SCC...

just bear in mind (unless it's changed and i don't know about it) the SCC can only award damages up to R5000. better than nothing though.

don't know how the logistics will work out though if you're in different parts of the country...

for a contract to be binding there needs to be a "willing buyer, willing seller". if there's been misrepresentation on the part of the seller (eg, older parts than claimed which makes a substantial difference to the value thereof), then (i think) unless the word "voetstoots" is clearly stated in the deal, then the onus is on the seller to reimburse the buyer if not happy.

either way, good luck!

Surely you would want to clear your name? :unsure:

Depends on whwther you walked away with the short straw or not... ;)

Nothing implied, just something to think about.

On taking sides here... Edge Design has a good reputation here on the hub... he has always been cool to do deals with, and open and honest about his dealings... Snip on the other hand has a lot to answer for. It's ovias those Zipps weren't damaged in transit... she was trying to make a quick buck :thumbdown:

On taking sides here... Edge Design has a good reputation here on the hub... he has always been cool to do deals with, and open and honest about his dealings... Snip on the other hand has a lot to answer for. It's ovias those Zipps weren't damaged in transit... she was trying to make a quick buck :thumbdown:

As I recall, Edge swoped her for the wheels, she didnt sell the wheels to Edge. She wasnt in it for a quick buck or 2.

Read her post on selling swopping the wheels, she wanted clinchers because she didnt know how to change tubbies as she just swop the wheels from someone else on the hub. for her brand new Fas forward 80inch wheels.

And just realized that she cant change a tubby.

Now we are on the same page, he did do a lot "wrong" BUT the same has to be said for Snip....

No, he actually did everything wrong. Now he's crying over spilt milk.

I received them and didn't really have time to look closely at them (yes, that is probably not the best thing to do on my side, but as I haven't been screwed by sellers in the past, I've become a bit to trusting of people). I advertised them on the hub almost immediately and they took a little while to sell, but someone bought them from me in the end. He immediately took them for a service as I couldn't give him much history on the wheels. 2 Days later he contacted me to say the mechanic told him there was a small crack on the braking surface of the one rim, the rear bearings needed replacing, the cassette that came with them was far past being usable and the one tubbie wasn't glued straight. I obviously had to refund him in full as I can't sell something in that sort of condition.

The above says it all. He's expecting everyone to trust HIS word, but he can't prove they were not broken in transit to the 4th part buyer, nor that the 4th party's mechanic didnt break them, nor that the 4th party didnt loot the cassette from them and put on an old one. The OP didnt actually ever SEE the wheels, yet he blames the original seller. He made the mistake of trusting people, and has NO facts. This thing would be chased out of court, and if I was the original seller, I'd hold him liable for my costs as well.

Stop crying, grow a set and move on with your life.

As I recall, Edge swoped her for the wheels, she didnt sell the wheels to Edge. She wasnt in it for a quick buck or 2.

Read her post on selling swopping the wheels, she wanted clinchers because she didnt know how to change tubbies as she just swop the wheels from someone else on the hub. for her brand new Fas forward 80inch wheels.

And just realized that she cant change a tubby.

I'd also "swap" my broken zipps for a set of new Edge wheels... anyday!

That's a *** draw mate, hope you come right...

Okay, here is my version of the story. Im a new cyclist on the road, wheels is not my speciality. you have contacted me to swop for my zipps. i took photos of the wheels for you of each thing on that wheel you have asked for. There was no crack on that wheel. i have taken the wheels to my bike shop and they said, there’s nothing wrong with the wheels, the bearings on the hub is only a bit dry, and that’s it. The wheels was on my bike, i have done one race with it and i wanted to swop because of the tubbies that i am afraid to change by myself and everyone say its difficult to change. So i didnt swop my wheels bacause there was something wrong with it!it was second hand wheels and you knew it.

The wheels was send to you without any hazzles on 11 JANUARY 2011. Since 11 january 2011 you have never contacted me to tell me anything was wrong with the wheels. As a reasonable person if you have contacted me on the day when you have received the wheels,openend the box and see that those wasnt the wheels you asked for,then you could’ve send it back and i am more than willing to take it back. But you emailed me 21 FEBRUARY 2011. A whole month later while the wheels was in your possesion and you have already made a transaction to sold it to someone else, you come back to me and tell me of all the faults on the wheels that there is and how unhappy you are and now you want me to fix the problem that you have. If you complaining about all the faults there is on the wheels and its not dimpled etc. Why didnt you take the wheels out the day when you received it from the post and checked all these things you complaining about now and send it back? Now you unhappy with me?and i must take the responsibility after a whole month that have pass and the wheels was in your possesion?

Guys I think the best thing is for you to sort this out in private. This is a public forum where lots of people log in. Hubbers will just prod you on and stir the pot- for them it is entertainment. Get some lawyers and sort it out in a civil way. Thank you Edge for warning us about Snip- but we will form our own judgements when buying from her in the future. I hope for both of you it works out ok.

Guys I think the best thing is for you to sort this out in private. This is a public forum where lots of people log in. Hubbers will just prod you on and stir the pot- for them it is entertainment. Get some lawyers and sort it out in a civil way. Thank you Edge for warning us about Snip- but we will form our own judgements when buying from her in the future. I hope for both of you it works out ok.

+1 :thumbup: