Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Deon... Any update on the babies a the trail heads?

All stone work still in place and the track is tight! You should all get a chance to ride it before more rain sets in, really quick.

Not entirely happy with the last berm though. The run in is so fast, skidding into the corner is going to become the norm.

On other news, Tokai looks like it may have a skills park investor. Really good news! Super excited!

Yip. As long as the sun shines. Heading out around 10 or 11. Taking brother in law to teach him jumping. You want to join?

All stone work still in place and the track is tight! You should all get a chance to ride it before more rain sets in, really quick.

Not entirely happy with the last berm though. The run in is so fast, skidding into the corner is going to become the norm.

On other news, Tokai looks like it may have a skills park investor. Really good news! Super excited!

Lol you were right about the berm it should have been wider :P

Trail is riding quite well though. Im not fit enough to ride it full speed yet but hopefully that changes in the coming weeks. Sun will hopefully stick to the sky for a bit longer too

So I rode the snake trails this morning for the first time in a while and they are awesome! The berms add so much flow and allow you to carry way more speed than before. The last one is tight but I reckon just needs to be bermed more on the exit as I ended up off the trail there! Will try be at the trail builds to help get the rest as good as the top section. If we get the whole trail from level 5 to level 1 like that it will be the best trail anywhere!

Guest Omega Man

I rode the dh trails yesterday. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well that top section is holding up despite the deluge on Saturday.

Depending on how many people show for the next build I want to do a little berm building on DH2. That whole section of track would be so much faster if we could make that first 180 degree berm steeper like we have on the snake trails. The next right hander could also so with a berm on the outside. Keeping the rough inside lines on both turns of course.

I rode the dh trails yesterday. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well that top section is holding up despite the deluge on Saturday.

Depending on how many people show for the next build I want to do a little berm building on DH2. That whole section of track would be so much faster if we could make that first 180 degree berm steeper like we have on the snake trails. The next right hander could also so with a berm on the outside. Keeping the rough inside lines on both turns of course.

Agreed... Would be up for that...

That DH 2 is as rough as hell at the moment but it is the most downhillish section of the track. It could do with a bit of work I guess. All the dh guys will be at jonkershoek that day though...

Guest Omega Man

That DH 2 is as rough as hell at the moment but it is the most downhillish section of the track. It could do with a bit of work I guess. All the dh guys will be at jonkershoek that day though...

Ja. There's a race that weekend so build day turnout will be low. But I'm building.

Please don't, it still has not recovered from the time you took those rocks out after the 1st corner. Other sections of trail can be bike park smooth and bermed, but leave us our rocks and iffy corners! Also, if you need a berm to corner fast you're not doing it right, get with it you fairy :P

Guest Omega Man

Please don't, it still has not recovered from the time you took those rocks out after the 1st corner. Other sections of trail can be bike park smooth and bermed, but leave us our rocks and iffy corners! Also, if you need a berm to corner fast you're not doing it right, get with it you fairy :P

Huh? I never took rocks out. Besides. I never saw you at the last builds so shush. I said i'm gonna leave the rough inside lines so the bad asses will still be able to have fun and the fairies like me will be able to smash the berm. :P

If you don't want it done then come to the next build and convince me to do something else.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

So just a heads up folks. There will be a build on Saturday 1 September. There's a DH provincial that weekend but there will still be people building. So if you aren't racing come build. Saturday 1pm.

So just a heads up folks. There will be a build on Saturday 1 September. There's a DH provincial that weekend but there will still be people building. So if you aren't racing come build. Saturday 1pm.

I'm there