CWC dissapoints!

nox1111

Just with the basic assembly of the bike (loose bolts) the shop stuffed up, simple they received R15K for a product and provided an inferior and potentially dangerous product in return.

I'm with the OP’s original post, the op did not come across as a rant but rather decently worded. CWC is an online shop and advertises on the hub, its 2011 not the dark ages......why should the OP not bring it up on a cycling forum?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that is lacking in most small businesses is proper policies and procedures.

When you pick up a new car, there is a 200 point check list and the salesman (if he is any good) will not let you drive off the showroom floor until he is happy that you know all that there is to know about the product.

I love shopping at CWC (online and in real life) but there are only certain people that I'll talk to there. Like many businesses they have very good personnel and average personnel.

What should have happened here:

- Bike assembly should have a standard procedure to check that everything was done properly

- When the salesman called the client, he should have asked if they could assist with the bike setup. This would have helped the client to understand that collecting a new bike is not something that you do quickly on a Friday afternoon after work. It takes time to take delivery of a bike.

- The salesman should have gone over the whole bike with the client. Show how to adjust shifters (barrel twisting for small adjustments)

- Show where to adjust brakes

- Show how to set up the shocks and how rebound etc works

- Any items that may need adjusting later (like tubeless tire pressure etc) should be brought under the attention to the client.

- The salesman should have phoned the client on Monday to enquire if she was happy with her purchase and if there were anything that was maybe not 100%.

While the rant was out of place, I would encourage CWC to look at their internal procedures and policies to ensure that a similar level of service is received from all the sales staff.

Sometimes businesses have all the policies and procedures in the world and what you can think of.....it comes down to a human being(s) in the end....we are all human and do slip up from time to time :(

In retail the shop will always stuff up at some point. The mark of a good shop is how they react to their stuff-up :thumbup:

I do not agree with nox1111 in all respects, bar one.

He SHOULD have phoned the OWNER first, and emailed this little footstomp to him.

Instead he has done what 99% of South Africans do each day. They accept crap from suppliers, and then go and bitch about it to their 'mates'.

What difference is that going to make. Is it going to improve service, or slowly kill a company?

Is nox1111 an employee? Is he an employer? Does he have his companies best interests at heart all day, every day? How will his boss know that he is wasting company time on the internet and ignoring customer needs unless his boss is told, and can remedy the situation?

Bitch where it is needed! If you get a poor response, then tell your 'mates'. But better still, if you get a POSITIVE response, then tell everyone.

Poor show there NOX1111 - FLAMED :thumbdown:

It seems to have made the world of difference, the problem has been brought to the attention of the mighty Hub and been resolved . Everyone one has learnt a valueable lesson, as we all did yesterday. :clap:

I see it: Let the public know as well. We can learn from this. If you get your new bike from the LBS, do a quick overlook on the bike and make sure everything is working 100%.

And if a company get only good reviews, it is not cool. It means people will look for a other place rather than get the problem fixed.

Something that is lacking in most small businesses is proper policies and procedures.

When you pick up a new car, there is a 200 point check list and the salesman (if he is any good) will not let you drive off the showroom floor until he is happy that you know all that there is to know about the product.

I love shopping at CWC (online and in real life) but there are only certain people that I'll talk to there. Like many businesses they have very good personnel and average personnel.

What should have happened here:

- Bike assembly should have a standard procedure to check that everything was done properly

- When the salesman called the client, he should have asked if they could assist with the bike setup. This would have helped the client to understand that collecting a new bike is not something that you do quickly on a Friday afternoon after work. It takes time to take delivery of a bike.

- The salesman should have gone over the whole bike with the client. Show how to adjust shifters (barrel twisting for small adjustments)

- Show where to adjust brakes

- Show how to set up the shocks and how rebound etc works

- Any items that may need adjusting later (like tubeless tire pressure etc) should be brought under the attention to the client.

- The salesman should have phoned the client on Monday to enquire if she was happy with her purchase and if there were anything that was maybe not 100%.

While the rant was out of place, I would encourage CWC to look at their internal procedures and policies to ensure that a similar level of service is received from all the sales staff.

Besides the OP, this is the best comment here. He is actually talking from his brain. Nice one.

Hi everyone. Thank you all for the positive and negative reports that you have placed on the hub re this problem. I am thanking both responds and can assure you that we do not take it for granted. We are human and no one is perfect. Thanks for bringing it under my attention. Without your complains we will not know what we doing wrong.

I can assure you that I have learned a couple of good points and will implement some of it immediately after our sales meeting tomorrow morning.

Thanks nox1111. Your complained helped us giving our clients better service.

A number of people say that they should have contacted the shop before going public. That is B@LLSH!T.

+100

Well done Chris, well done nox1111, let's put this to bed now. (I'm actually out of popcorn)

Edited by scuzzy

How lekker is this? CWC have a valid complaint that they can work on, that is now going to make them even harder to trump in the cycling shopping and service department!

Nox, what a well worded message describing a very real dissappointment. More people have learnt something from this post than have commented.

Chris you're winning more support in taking the time to respond in such a positive manner, even when some of the posters here should not be allowed in public unattended!

The truth is the truth.

Why don't you CWC lickalots let your buddies know so that they can answer for themselves?

• 3 months later...

CWC het sopas meer as R250 se advertensie gekry. :thumbup: Dalk bestaan Nox se meisie nie. ;)

Nee, Nox se meisie bestaan nie, maar die is wel 'n dame se fiets ja :thumbup:

So I am not here to moan about CWC as they have a great hand in the fact that I have an amazing (new) toy.....not so new after the Greyton muddy race anymore…

http://hayleyearth.pinkbike.com/album/Scotty/

Just so share my last experience with CWC now that I know MUCH more about the sport and and and…

The day I bought my bike (as described above) I was also told that my 1st service will be free if within the 1st 6 months from purchase, so immediately I knew I will take it just before the Greyton race (end Feb to middle June < 6 months)…..as I am from PE now and only do a trip to CPT every 3 to 4 weeks.

I emailed CWC on the 13th May to ask how long ahead of time must I book a service, how long it will take, if the 17th June will be OK and I also remind them what was said about the ‘free’ 1st service.

They then said I must let them know in the week again and that that day will be fine and I will have the bike on the same day again. I emailed them back on the 13th June confirming the 17th again and was told it is good; although I had to explain the ‘free’ 1st time service again after I was told it will be R290….

So on Friday the 17th I arrived there just before 10am and as I walked in I told the guy I am bringing my bike for a service. His 1st reply was that they are fully booked and that if I want if by tomorrow (day of the Greyton race) they can not help me. My reply: “you must be kidding me?!”

He went to look in the book and my name was not on there and he then asked the mechanic if he will be able to fit my bike in and he said no. I told him my 5 emails I sent to confirm the service and guess what….I had to log onto my emails with my phone and show him the email where they said I can bring my bike!

Luckily I had a night out in Stellies the night before :blush: and had absolutely no energy to be sharp with the tongue and just laughed it off, shook my head and told them to phone me when they are done. Around 15:30 I went back to CWC, without them phoning me as I though that will be more than enough time to service my bike (as they do my car in 3 hours!) and then he told me they did my bike 1st…..thus had to kill time in CPT where I could have been on my way to Greyton when the sun was still out.

Anyhow, I will still go back there and I will still smile when there ….

I have become addicted to riding and I have not had one weekend without a ride since I drove away from CWC the 1st time.

Next time I will just confirm my confirmation ;)

What most of the people on this thread fail to realize, CWC and CWConline are two different entitites, If you want to book your bike in for a service you dont mail CWConline you phone CWC and book the bike in.

The only problem i see here is that the guys at CWConline tried facilitating your request although what they should have done is tell you that if you want to book a service you need to phone the shop and not the online store.

Like I said I had one bad experiance with CWC "the shop" I complained to Chris Jnr that runs the online store, not that my complaint had anything to do with online, but after that cup of coffee I have only ever had superb service from both online and CWC.

I have never seen a LBS try and deliver like these guys do, and yes they will be the first to admit they make mistakes, but they will also do everything in their power to recitfy their mistakes. And that my friends is whats defined as proper service delivery. The thing is if they mess up, all you do is phone jnr or snr and ill bet top dollar they will have you smiling at the end of that phonecall.

Any place of bussiness is bound to slip up some time or another. They slipped up here but they are owning up. That is what sets a good shop apart from the rest! Sure they will make mistakes now and then but if you confront them with it they will sort it out.

Im currently having a issue with something i bought from them and i was/am unhappy about certain things but they are taking care of it. These are the kind of people i want to support

:clap: :clap: OMG there are intelligent life out there !

Around 15:30 I went back to CWC, without them phoning me as I though that will be more than enough time to service my bike (as they do my car in 3 hours!) and then he told me they did my bike 1st…..thus had to kill time in CPT where I could have been on my way to Greyton when the sun was still out.

After reading your whole spcheel, I am still not sure what your are complaining about.

You wanted you bike serviced? For free? The day before a race?

All that was done, was it not?

You are not satisfied that they serviced your bike first?

Edited by Tankman