seat angle

wapad

I have been playing around with my seat angle and was wondering what the optimum angle was

At present I have mine tilted forward using a spirit level so that the bubble is halfway out of level if you can understand that

any inputs

my theory is that after sag the saddle is level????

optimum angle how?

i went for the angle that didn't give me numb nuts, that was optimal for me, which i found to be slightly tilted nose down on my road bikes. Some people maintain that the saddle should be set horizontal to prevent slipping forward on the saddle during big efforts, but as with all contact points on the bike it comes down to personal preference and what works for you - if you aren't comfortable you're not going to be focused, be fast or be riding for a long time

Edited by touristvisa

my theory is that after sag the saddle is level????

Erm have you considered a Urologist?

if you slide of the front , tilt it backwards , if you slide of the back , tild it the other way , if you not sliding at all assume it is correct .

LEVEL

On LEVEL ground.

Your theory about level after sag falls flat on the first change of gradient.

Sloping your seat FORWARD is going to help aim your nuts right at the toptube (if you are lucky) or the headset, ain't it!

Only Subaru and PimpedGolf drivers slope their seats back - oh, I forgot Dirtjumpers and Downhillers.

Level or slightly tilted nose up. Never tilted down.

What??? Tilted into the back of your balls??? That must hurt like a b***tch!!

Level or slightly tilted nose up. Never tilted down.

Yip. I hate it when I keep on sliding forward.

Sag affects both the front and rear suspension.

On a hardtail saddle should still be level as the handlebars drop with the tip of your saddle (pivots aroud back axle.)

You should angle your hips back when riding. Basically roll it a bit back. with a straight line you are put unneccesary strain on the perineum. Your sitbones should be taking most of the weight, with a bit of support from from the perineum area.

Nooit Bru, it forces your ass to sit properly on the saddle. Tilted forward you will slip over your own nuts Eina

What??? Tilted into the back of your balls??? That must hurt like a b***tch!!

Sag affects both the front and rear suspension.

On a hardtail saddle should still be level as the handlebars drop with the tip of your saddle (pivots aroud back axle.)

You should angle your hips back when riding. Basically roll it a bit back. with a straight line you are put unneccesary strain on the perineum. Your sitbones should be taking most of the weight, with a bit of support from from the perineum area.

Thanks makes a lot of sense