Inside CRC

DuncanCT

Oh how I'd love to get locked in there for a night. Never realised how big it was.

Jeez! Crazy insane! The SABMiller of the cyclling world.

without the complimentary heartburn.

Thank you sir.

Hopefully this will silence the nubbins who think that a warehouse and 420 staff members are a low overhead. Or that some Spanish bike shop is going to close them down.

Firstly the Spanish sunk their own Armada, and secondly the good ol' Oirissh 'ave been blowing the opposition away until just recently - quite literally.

What did they think crc consisted of, bewilderedirishman.com sitting behind a computer yelling at his mom to grab and bag another SRAM FD, but not the red one, a pink!

TRUST ME GENTLEMEN. The price that these products leave eastern factories for, is universes removed from the price we end up paying!

If LBS'S dont adjust, they are going to die - simple.

Funny you only mention the local bike shops that should adjust, take a part that costs around say R10 to make, the manufacturer say SRAM adds his 30 % mark up, the importer ads his 30% mark up and then the LBS can add his 30%, so you end up paying R22 for it and if your a loyal customer the shop owner will give you 10% discount. This is a normal bike shop and not the ones that over inflate the prices.

This is a conservative estamation as I reckon the importers make a lot more on the products. So don't always just point fingers at the LBS, make your calculations properly and you will see at the end of the day its not such a roaring trade as most assume it is. Another thing to ponder about is the food industries and clothing industries mark ups they are in the region of 100% if not more

Edited by Sharkie 2

Family owned, started 25yrs ago!! Awesome. I think they have single handled done so much for the industry!

Guys I was in their showroom in DEC. Well my GF who hates bikeshops said wow this place is really useless. They have lots of bling bikes etc but cant show their stock or all their clothing ranges which sucks...

Guys I was in their showroom in DEC. Well my GF who hates bikeshops said wow this place is really useless. They have lots of bling bikes etc but cant show their stock or all their clothing ranges which sucks...

rad, hope you enjoying your party overseas.

miss seeing pics of the trike.

anyhow - if you read the article, you can use their pc's to look for an item online in their showroom, and somone will go and fetch it from the warehouse for you.

now thats impressive, the entire warehouse is a showroom.

amazed by the sheer size of the operation...........................

did however notice that their "BEE" status is not to clever though?? :blush:

rad, hope you enjoying your party overseas.

miss seeing pics of the trike.

anyhow - if you read the article, you can use their pc's to look for an item online in their showroom, and somone will go and fetch it from the warehouse for you.

now thats impressive, the entire warehouse is a showroom.

I read it but im sure like alot of people, I personally prefer to be left alone to view and feel the items...

Besides the staff in the showroom seem super chilled