How many Argus rides and best time\year

Tubehunter

This year is my 11th official Argus. How many for you and which was the most memorable?

2006 I rode a 3:05 from the D group. Was all over a sub 3 that year, until I started cramping on end of Chappies and bombed on the run up Suikerbossie. Still my fastest time after plenty mileage in the lead up to doing and finishing the Epic that year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my 3rd as well best of 4:50. :thumbdown: Had chain hassles last year for 30 minutes on the blue route, so best was out of qustion. So i ambled along and helped a few guys with problems. Some dude broke his tandem chain on Boyes driver and his chain breaker broke as well. So stopped and helped. This year will see how it goes.

This will be my 5th

Best time: 3h01.48 - yip 1 minute and 48 seconds - Suiker bossie and small crash close to finish

Will be my ninth, Best 2008-3:49, Worst 2004-6:11. This year it is with my son on a farm gate with wheels so anything will do.

Done 4 way back from 1999 to 2002 with a best time of 3:23.

Got back into cycling 6 months ago and will see what I can achieve without the ou kaapse weg route