How many Argus rides and best time\year

Tubehunter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Third time... tour of Death in 2009 5:29, last year 3:53 both on mtb slicks. This year on my new steed... please, Lord, let it be under 3:30!!!

Posting again-What is the procedure for cycling the route twice? Does one simply walk into the starting pens at the back? Does the timing chip not get picked up by the mats (is it best to take the chip off)? Do the officials not check numbers etc. and disqualify your result?

Thinking of doing the second lap with my dad who starts late.

Not permitted any more.

my 10th this year

PB = 3.04 (2008-- perfect conditions)

tore my calf a week before 2009 so didnt get my bike sand blasted that yr.

2010 wasnt kind to us = 3.35

2011 = ????????? an upright finish no matter what time is always first prize

safe ride to you guys and girls

I know there is this mystique around a sub 3 Argus. But your best year should really be your best finishing position.

The numbers have remained at around 35000 for the last number of years so you have goos base to see if you had a good, better or real crappy race based on where you finished overall.

After 28 years of cycling no Argus yet.

How many times have you been asked: "So, what is your fastest Argus time?" in that 28 years? :lol:

I know there is this mystique around a sub 3 Argus. But your best year should really be your best finishing position.

The numbers have remained at around 35000 for the last number of years so you have goos base to see if you had a good, better or real crappy race based on where you finished overall.

Very good point, liebenw...

:mellow:

2nd one this year - last year was my first @ 3:41:01 - started out too fast and started cramping up little chappies..... not making that mistake again this year.

Had lots of learning from MariusL, Wannabe and Airbender - so I have a strategy for race day.