Single speed projects

divernick

See CRC lists them as "discontinued"...

That sucks. Such great bars. Are both alu and carbon discontinued or just the carbon?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cried a little.

Such amazing bars. Completely transformed my SS into an incredibly comfortable bike.

Really is a shame.

That sucks. Such great bars. Are both alu and carbon discontinued or just the carbon?

both thumbdown.gif

I just cried a little.

Such amazing bars. Completely transformed my SS into an incredibly comfortable bike.

Really is a shame.

Fitting mine to the Cotic today :)

Truvativ Flat bars going onto the Niner.

This is my first attempt at building a bike by myself. An old trek 4300 frame and fork i stripped and painted, new bb / crankset and headset succesfully installed thanks to google. rest are all old bits n bobs from the mancave / bike room. I have a dmr kit from diald bikes awaiting delivery and have a new chain waiting to get installed too.

Cant believe how much i have learnt about bike maintenance from this really fun project. From Chainline and spindle width to sealed bearings, halflinks, 3/32 chains and crown races. Ive been able to service all my other bikes as a result too! i can highly recommend a similar project to anyone who loves bikes.

Last step is to try and find some cheapie brakes. Anyone have a set of good v brakes and levers / old disc brakes (is mount - i have rotors) lying around i can buy? i have a set of unused road wheels off a scott (alex rims / shimano hubs - 10 spd shimano cassette) i can swop for something decent.

Heres what she looks like so far - the jagerbomb.

post-24920-0-53910700-1356620972.jpg

This is my first attempt at building a bike by myself. An old trek 4300 frame and fork i stripped and painted, new bb / crankset and headset succesfully installed thanks to google. rest are all old bits n bobs from the mancave / bike room. I have a dmr kit from diald bikes awaiting delivery and have a new chain waiting to get installed too.

Cant believe how much i have learnt about bike maintenance from this really fun project. From Chainline and spindle width to sealed bearings, halflinks, 3/32 chains and crown races. Ive been able to service all my other bikes as a result too! i can highly recommend a similar project to anyone who loves bikes.

Last step is to try and find some cheapie brakes. Anyone have a set of good v brakes and levers / old disc brakes (is mount - i have rotors) lying around i can buy? i have a set of unused road wheels off a scott (alex rims / shimano hubs - 10 spd shimano cassette) i can swop for something decent.

Heres what she looks like so far - the jagerbomb.

post-24920-0-53910700-1356620972.jpg

I have a set of Hayes carbon disc brakes and some discs I could part with. Brakes have good ridge hoses, rear may need bleeding. PM me if interested. Also have some v brakes and levers if you want...

Hey guys, this is my new SS project. Its a Vacari frame, can someone maybe shed some light on the frame please? I bought it from a friend and according to him its an Italian hand made frame but he's not sure of the era it came from. Currently I mostly have shimano 600 componants on(came standard with the bike). But still have to change the front gear to a smaller one and repair the front brake and then start playing with the colours.

post-19039-0-21024900-1356674020_thumb.jpg

So I have been scrounging parts for a project bike over the past few months. it's quite amazing what you do have lying around when you really dig through your stuff.

post-388-0-73213500-1357066402_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-42210500-1357066442_thumb.jpg

Hi ,

anyone know where I can get a brooks or similar leather saddle and some cool flat pedals from for my newly converted Trek singlespeed ?

Hi ,

anyone know where I can get a brooks or similar leather saddle and some cool flat pedals from for my newly converted Trek singlespeed ?

Think I saw some on sale on CRC - saddles that is.

Hi ,

PM skidd, he is bringing Brooks saddles in.

I have a set of Hayes carbon disc brakes and some discs I could part with. Brakes have good ridge hoses, rear may need bleeding. PM me if interested. Also have some v brakes and levers if you want...

Have you got the brakes working yet. Send photos.