divernick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bike. Is that a 26'?

What fork is that?

Nope, Momsen STR 29 painted by Bogus. It was  carbon Rapide fork that got painted with the bike. The cranks are X9 cranks that we polished up silver and clear coated. I kept the bike for a while but the 19inch frame was just too big for me and I kept on picking up injuries. A truly beautiful bike.

My new Singular fits me like a glove and it is equally as elegant. The steel Singular fork however is in a class of its own! sublime!

Thanks gents, that is my old SS. It belongs to a hubber now.

This is my new one. I am truly in love with this bike.

Is that a Brooks Cambium on the Singular? 

If so, elaborate on it please. 

I like them . . . but have my reservations 

Edited by IH8MUD

Sheesh, that is very, very nice. :thumbup: Is that a Brooks C-17?

Thanks meneer. Its a C15, slightly narrower and harder (maybe an error on my part).

Is that a Brooks Cambium on the Singular? 

If so, elaborate on it please. 

I like them . . . but have my reservations 

http://www.brooksengland.com/cambium/

Yep, a C15. I wanted a racier lighter Brooks. It is very comfortable but do not fool yourself, it is hard and your tender bits need to get used to it. it does not have as much give as the C17 or other models.

I love the look and now that I am used to it, I love it.

If you are looking for a wider more comfortable saddle look at the C17. You also get the carved versions now which are amazing.

If you have doubts cast them to the wind. The c17 is an incredible saddle. If you want a slightly racier profile, grab a c15.

When I bought my Brooks B-17 Narrow, it was a toss-up between that and the C-17. I still wonder if I shouldn't have bought the latter... but on real long rides (100km+) the B-17 has been super comfy. The C-17 looks nicer though :drool:

Thanks.  

I have read reviews that mention that the fabric covering on the Brooks Cambium is very grippy and  according the reviewer it "destroyed" his Lycra bib. 

One can not slide around on the Cambium like on the leather Brooks saddles. 

I want to use it on my gravel grinder bike for long distances, but will be "die moer in" if it ruins my Assos bib. 

Thanks.  

I have read reviews that mention that the fabric covering on the Brooks Cambium is very grippy and  according the reviewer it "destroyed" his Lycra bib. 

One can not slide around on the Cambium like on the leather Brooks saddles. 

I want to use it on my gravel grinder bike for long distances, but will be "die moer in" if it ruins my Assos bib. 

To be honest I have not even thought about that because I ride in Fox Ranger trail shorts over my Assos bibs.  Now that you mention it, the texture is quite rough. I suppose that it will smooth down a little over time.

Would you like me to take some detailed pictures of the saddle and fabric cover? I am happy to.

To be honest I have not even thought about that because I ride in Fox Ranger trail shorts over my Assos bibs.  Now that you mention it, the texture is quite rough. I suppose that it will smooth down a little over time.

Would you like me to take some detailed pictures of the saddle and fabric cover? I am happy to.

Yes please.  And Thanks

As I understand it, the fabric cover is in-bedded in the natural rubber the saddle is made of? 

Always wondered if it would get smooth with use.

Edited by IH8MUD

After a lot of hence and forth, getting a new frame, removing all kinds of odds and ends (bar ends, water bottle cages etc.), here's my bike in it's "final" <cough> form. (Now I need to sit on my hands, take a deep breath, and leave well enough alone... and just ride the thing.)

post-37016-0-46226000-1471547550_thumb.jpg

Edited by henningvr

After a lot of hence and forth, getting a new frame, removing all kinds of odds and ends (bar ends, water bottle cages etc.), here's my bike in it's "final" <cough> form. (Now I need to sit on my hands, take a deep breath, and leave well enough alone... and just ride the thing.)

attachicon.gifSTR_final_nobarends.jpg

Glad you finally got those bar ends of, bike looked great before, but looks perfect now. [emoji108]

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Thanks Ben. I also thought they were making the bike look somewhat odd. So this morning I ripped e'm off and decided to MTFU and ride. The main reason apart from the oddball look was the inherent danger - they tried to kill me on the single track at Tranquilitas on Sunday. V12man warned me about this, and low and behold, the left hand bar end almost succeeded.

Ride on!