Single speed projects

divernick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there are places where I need to carry my bike (over my shoulder, through the frame). Water bottles are in the way. Besides, my 3L Camelbak Mule is more than sufficient, and I don't have to suck down dust and grime.

Edited by henningvr

I suppose if you use your SS to go to the bottle store or the corner shop for a loaf then removing all those things would be fine . Bar ends will stay on my bike despite what the fashion police got to say . On my STR two water bottle cages really does not get in the way when I need to carry the bike but I suppose it depends how you carry the thing . 

That's exactly right. It is your bike. Do what you want. Just like my bike is mine and I do whatever I want with it. Why I do what I do is irrelevant. What I do see on these and other boards, is the fashion police being presciptive. You must do this. Why did you do that. Feckit, it's my bike. I'll do whatever I want???????? silly buggers????

Definitely the nicest bike I have owned, geometry wise as well as comfort, and most importantly fun. Have a great weekend.????????

You will see from the pics that after about 500km of use, the sides are already changing colour slightly and are smoother to the touch.

I am thinking of changing my wife's SS frame

I have a choice between Momsen STR or Cotic Simple

Any views of which one? This is a rhetorical question as I know there will be many.  

The Geometry is very different between the two frames. The STR is also a very big frame from my experience so if the bike will be ridden by your wife, you might struggle to find an STR that fits.

Both are great, go with the one that fits her the best.

I would also look at the frames that are made by that RSA company... steel with an EBB... the name escapes me now... Sprocket & Jack sell them and they are silver and have a lady as the head badge....

Edited by Monark

I am thinking of changing my wife's SS frame

I have a choice between Momsen STR or Cotic Simple

Any views of which one? This is a rhetorical question as I know there will be many.  

The cotic... 

It has a much better construction and a great geometry... 

The Geometry is very different between the two frames. The STR is also a very big frame from my experience so if the bike will be ridden by your wife, you might struggle to find an STR that fits.

Both are great, go with the one that fits her the best.

I would also look at the frames that are made by that RSA company... steel with an EBB... the name escapes me now... Sprocket & Jack sell them and they are silver and have a lady as the head badge....

Contraband... 

Odd geo, very flexy frame. But nice. 

The cotic... 

It has a much better construction and a great geometry... 

Contraband... 

Odd geo, very flexy frame. But nice. 

:eek:  Much better construction ? 

:eek: Much better construction ?

No, I think they both solid. Just the cotic I feel is a bit better finished

No, I think they both solid. Just the cotic I feel is a bit better finished

Aha you had me worried there for a minute . Still need to do a few long races on mine and don't wanna walk with a broken frame .  :thumbup:

Aha you had me worried there for a minute . Still need to do a few long races on mine and don't wanna walk with a broken frame . [emoji106]

I doubt you'll break it lol!

Some frames are better finished than others but at a price as well. The cotics are expensive.