Single speed projects

divernick

will be interesting to see how SamL1220, Clinton-theCOW and Goodbadugly's Bikes turn out, they also got forks in the same shipment as me, I'm guessing at least one of them will build a single speed :ph34r:

You most certainly got that right :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will be interesting to see how SamL1220, Clinton-theCOW and Goodbadugly's Bikes turn out, they also got forks in the same shipment as me, I'm guessing at least one of them will build a single speed :ph34r:

I'll eventually get around to putting the rigid on the bike, time just ain't on my side til September. Then i'll post a pic.

What started off as a "let's take all my spare parts (read shifters & gears) and build a spare bike for friends to use" end up as a SS.

Nice work Brad, thanks for hooking us up the forks, was looking & there ain't many 26" rigids available :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I've got so far. Sorry for the bad picture quality...

I still need a couple of stuff. Crank, chain, wheels and tires, longer brake cable for the rear, chain tensioner etc.

I have some wheels lined up already though, just waiting to get some spare cash. Track wheels with flip-flop hub and 18 tooth bmx cog.

I've built it around a Raleigh RC6000 frame and fork. 2005 model. Ritchey seat post came with the frame. San Marco Concore saddle, Campy Chorus brakes, Profile Design levers and an aluminium TT bar (not sure of the make). FSA stem came off my MTB. Might replace that with something sleeker (if budget permits). Also thinking about poudering it black.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9861/cuet.jpg

So although my bike is not finished and have a few things left to get, I have installed my custom made chainring in the mean time, and may I add its looking swheet ,

post-12682-0-53425900-1379262769_thumb.jpg

I got several of mine last week too, nothing as fancy as yours, but still very happy :clap:

I got several of mine last week too, nothing as fancy as yours, but still very happy :clap:

That still looks swheet.

Any custom gear I think is awesome..

@ tedibear. Where did you get the chainring made? I need a 102BCD cut for SS project.

Thanks

Hi Zappa

I had mine cut at work, but any laser cutter in your area can do it,

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on this project for a while now and today I finally finished. I built the frame from scratch, even cut the bamboo down myself. So happy to be done...

flipping Awesome

Wow that bamboo bike is AWESOME!!!! :clap: How did you connect them at the steerer etc?

Does anyone know of someone in the Pta area that can sandblast a steel frame for me? It has some rust spots that i cant get off with elbow grease

Hey guys, I used carbon fiber and epoxy resin to do the joints. The bottom bracket shell, the rear dropouts and the head tube bearing housing are steel. I mitred all the bamboo tubes to fit together and then wrapped all the joints in the carbon fibre..