Single speed projects

divernick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am building an Inbred, and lack some knowledge. Want to install the BB, but not sure what spacers to use. The bike has a 68mm BB shell, and the BB I am installing is the Shimano XT one. Should I be using a spacer on either side or just on the drive side or what?

Am building an Inbred, and lack some knowledge. Want to install the BB, but not sure what spacers to use. The bike has a 68mm BB shell, and the BB I am installing is the Shimano XT one. Should I be using a spacer on either side or just on the drive side or what?

2 on drive side and 1 non drive.

Post some pics of the build man!

Very happy how it turned out!

post-27452-0-05837300-1389259296_thumb.jpg

Very Nice!!!

I am now even more excited and impatient. Just got word that my frame should reach our shores next week some time. Hopefully customs and the PO gets their A into G and i get the frame the week after!!

All i need now is for KIWI to get some Alu 29er Pitchforksin stock and I will be well on my way to being in business.

Tell me yetiboy, do you have chain tugs on that frame?

Very Nice!!!

I am now even more excited and impatient. Just got word that my frame should reach our shores next week some time. Hopefully customs and the PO gets their A into G and i get the frame the week after!!

All i need now is for KIWI to get some Alu 29er Pitchforksin stock and I will be well on my way to being in business.

I ordered the chain tugs but they didn't arrive, so have been resent. However, I made a mistake (or got lucky) and took more links off the chain then I had intended, so basically now the wheel is as far forward as it can go and the chain is tight. Rode it in to work this morning and it seemed perfect. Not sure what that will do long term, but I can't see any major issues being caused.

Cool, in theory the bike should work fine without chain tugs, but it just makes aligning the wheel a lot easier than trying to do it with the QR only.

If the QR can tighten up nicely, shouldn't "need" tugs. Mine has a bolt-on hub so my tug is cosmetic and only useful for wheel alignment and making fine-tuning the tension possible.

Very Nice!!!

Alu rigid fork?... brave man.

Alu rigid fork?... brave Stupid man.

Fixed it, There is a thin line between brave and stupid.

My aim is to run it with some high volume WTB Weirwolf rubber to soften the ride a wee bit.

Fixed it, There is a thin line between brave and stupid.

My aim is to run it with some high volume WTB Weirwolf rubber to soften the ride a wee bit.

Still. Aluminium. Eish.

I run a carbon fork with 2.2 tyres and a Reynolds steel fork with 2.4 tyres - I choose the steel fork everytime, but it is on a Reynolds frame so the overall comfort could be making my decision.

I don't think I could a ride a aluminium rigid fork up the driveway, nevermind on the trails.

Up to now I have had 2.1 Captain Controls on my SSR with carbon fork but the rear has seen it's best days, I got hold of a pair of X-Kings at a bargain price (2.2 and 2.4). Have fitted the rear already but because of the fast One Sunday decided not too mess with the front as well .... Will fit it straight after!

Will that change really have a 'major' effect on comfort? Not that it actually has been an issue up to now ........