Formula 1...

'Dale

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

Max said at the start of this year he would not be taking part cause they fabricate so many angles and stroylines in the series 

What about Horner? 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercedes will appeal. Toto is a sore loser. This is what poor sportspersons do. It does not matter that they turn the sport into a sham but rather only that they win, no matter the cost 

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Mercedes will appeal. Toto is a sore loser. This is what poor sportspersons do. It does not matter that they turn the sport into a sham but rather only that they win, no matter the cost 

Not shocked. That's just Mercedes

8 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

8 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Not shocked. That's just Mercedes

Not a good look being such a bad loser. Imo it damages their brand more than just accepting it and moving on. I mean they won the WCC, the one that pays the money...and you wouldnt have guessed it looking at how they reacted. The whole mercedes top brass can take some pointers from Lewis when it comes to being magnanimous in defeat. He carried himself like a true champion in the immediate aftermath of the race. Boycotting the post race press conference was a bit cringe imo, especially considering what was said about Max last week when he walked off the podium, but i get the emotions were running high and Toto was probably having a meltdown and was busy destroying the Merc motor home.

The most deserved driver of the season won.  For those that don't believe that MB had the better car think of this, If MB didn't play around with Bottas' engine every time Max was penalized, MB would have sealed the constructors title in the America's.  

27 minutes ago, ScottC-M said:

The most deserved driver of the season won.  For those that don't believe that MB had the better car think of this, If MB didn't play around with Bottas' engine every time Max was penalized, MB would have sealed the constructors title in the America's.  

Also if it was not for being shunted off by Hamilton in UK Max would have stuck to the 3 engine allocation, where as Lewis and Mercedes have used 5 units. I mean the amount of engines Bottas took in the season was a joke. 

I have stayed away from commenting on this yesterday as I was not sure what the outcome would be, but I cannot imagine a more fitting end to all the BS Merc and 44 were throwing RB's way this entire year. This ending was one for the history books. I was screaming so loud during that final lap I think I nearly popped a vein in my head as I walked away from that with a MASSIVE head ache.

WELL DONE TO MAX33, WORLD DRIVER'S CHAMPION. 

Such an ending befitting a crazy, crazy year in F1.

Merc protesting and appealing tarnishes the sport and prestige of F1 and they would do well to just take the loss on the chin and come back fighting next year. What they are doing is embarrassing to say the least. And rather hypocritical, considering LH passing Max by turning the chicane at turn 6 into a straight without repercussion, so if they want to talk about the rules, start there. But Toto and LH never let an opportunity to have a tantrum pass them by. Some of the commenting by those two whiners was just priceless during that dramatic final few laps, adding to the entertainment value of the race.

But in essence, the 2021 F1 title being decided by one flying lap . . . and in the end Christian Horner, RB, Checo and Max Verstappen showing Merc why they deserve the title.

And talking of Checo - I think he just cemented himself into that team with his taking the fight to LH. Sadly for Pierre Gasly who will now see himself out of the running for a RB seat again.

27 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Also if it was not for being shunted off by Hamilton in UK Max would have stuck to the 3 engine allocation, where as Lewis and Mercedes have used 5 units. I mean the amount of engines Bottas took in the season was a joke. 

it's now "common knowledge " in the f1 forums on other sites that they used Bottas since Monza to test the limits of where they could push the PU if they turned up the wick...why he went through so many. I think He used 3 in Monza alone lol. Thats how they got the Brazil rocketship. I personally feel thats not in the spirit of the rule that says 3 engines per year...and the fact that Honda - who let us not forget - were the absolute joke of the f1 paddock a few years ago...made it through the year on 4 engines including the one thay HAD to replace due to the silverstone crash...epic from them. apparently the engine he was using on friday was running 30% over it's service life and was still going. Imo that should sound the alarm bells for the rest becasue that means there is lots of free performance to be had in that ICE if it is that reliable. 

Edited by MORNE

10 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

snip

And talking of Checo - I think he just cemented himself into that team with his taking the fight to LH. Sadly for Pierre Gasly who will now see himself out of the running for a RB seat again.

SAME. I was literally crying...no jokes. this season was such a rollercoaster. my wife was laughing at me.

before the race yesterday i told my cousins...if I were RB i would short fuel Perez for the race...like 75% to gain that speed from the less weight. After they retired him i'm convinced that they did that lol...because Perez didnt know what was happening. This morning i rewatched all those laps from all the onboards on F1 tv pro, max, hamilton, perez etc. Perez did an epic job..at one stage he was CRAWLING - 44 was so scared to pass him lol. The radio's of all three was riveting stuff. Merc lost this race because of a strategy blunder again. That long bleep on the world feed was Lewis saying to Bono "chit Bono - we should have pitted". after that Bono was just trying to convince 44 why it was the right call...which it obviously wasnt and 44 knew it. 

he knew as soon as he passed the pit entry. If he had gone in....totally different story imo. 

Edited by MORNE

11 minutes ago, MORNE said:

it's now "common knowledge " in the f1 forums on other sites that they used Bottas since Monza to test the limits of where they could push the PU if they turned up the wick...why he went through so many. I think He used 3 in Monza alone lol. Thats how they got the Brazil rocketship. I personally feel thats not in the spirit of the rule that says 3 engines per year...and the fact that Honda - who let us not forget - were the absolute joke of the f1 paddock a few years ago...made it through the year on 4 engines including the one thay HAD to replace due to the silverstone crash...epic from them. apparently the engine he was using on friday was running 30% over it's service life and was still going. Imo that should sound the alarm bells for the rest becasue that means there is lots of free performance to be had in that ICE if it is that reliable. 

That is the real reason I feel nothing for Mercedes. It was such a joke Bottas himself could not even keep a straight face (Monza) about it. Think there should be much harsher punishment for engine replacement that is not due to crash. Half points for race or no points. Regulations state 6 engines for the year and Mercedes chucked in 12.

What a fantastic season/final race/final lap. I prefer all this drama and controversy over the boring seasons with one team one driver of years ago. I'm glad for Max and RBR but an LH win would have also been ok as he dominated most of the race. I'm so proud of Checo, my countryman, as he gave a clear demonstration of what he's capable of. Does anyone know why they RBR had to retire him? I can't find anything on the web.