Formula 1...

'Dale

I agree with pretty much everything you said there, however Dewis will get the most of my anger because of who he is and his hypocritical nature - this whole BLM thing and how he grew up wanting when in fact that is not the case. His upbringing was much better than most (based on some reading I did a while ago, cannot recall where, purportedly a family friend or something...). And then his hypocritical antics when things dont go his way, but when he dishes some out, there seems to be no problem...

But yes, I can like to take a dump and say the same things I did about Nico'tjie Rosberg. Wins one title then runs off like a woos. What kind of sportsman is that?

Verstappen, he thinks he is far better than he actually is, and a real crash test dummy just like his old toppie. But... at least he is trying to take the fight to Dewis (did I just say that?)

Hey, its sad when you have your romantic dreams spoiled like that. I mean, who wouldnt want to work in F1??? (until you get there???)

I dont know what to say about professionalism. In this time where everyone is so self righteous and cannot take ownership of their life decisions, why must advertisers worry about what their sponsored athletes get up to? I mean if Marlboro want to sponsor James Hunt a carton a day, why not? People can still make up their own minds if they want to smoke Marlboro or not? Why must our "heroes" always be clean cut? Like him for his talent, if you dont want to smoke, dont - just a random example to try and illustrate a point...

It's the characters that make us follow a sport - at least that how I feel. Without them, the sport is generic, and who wants that?

I don't know, for me, Alonso and Kimi are the last REAL characters of F1. Bottas seems to have a bit of flair about him but he will never succeed (nor will anyone else for that matter) in the same team as the prodigal son.

How lekker is it to watch MotoGP this year, i mean, just wow!!! And for all the right reasons!

EDIT: I left out the Ferraris because they have disappointed me SOOO much I cannot anymore... Seb, the previous golden child, turned into a golden turd. And the Froggie, well he reminds me too much of Alain Prost, and in our house Prost was the antichrist, we were a Senna household growing up.

I hear you, but you cant blame LEwis for that ...Bernie needs to take that blame. (for turning the sport into a circus) 

But thats professionalism and it alters all the sports it touches. It becomes a business about numbers. 

I worked in F1 when i first came to the island and attended some euro races. F1 is a conglomerate, a business far larger than you can imagine. Its a proffesional outfit and its product is a race on sunday which it sells to advertisers and tv channels. End consumer is your bum on a seat in front of the telly. Thats all its about , bums in seats..same as any pro sport. 

Its sold as this romantic sport, when i first went as an employee my illustons were a little broken, 

Edited by gemmerbal

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why watch F1 at all it upsets you so much?

This Dewis thing really? It's LEWIS, I promise you I dislike him just as much as you do (unfairly many times)

But this playground BS just makes your whole post look like drivel

Because he is n dewis.

Thanks for your insightful contribution ????

Why watch F1 at all it upsets you so much?

This Dewis thing really? It's LEWIS, I promise you I dislike him just as much as you do (unfairly many times)

But this playground BS just makes your whole post look like drivel

Edited by gemmerbal

I did not see Alfa Romeo keeping both drivers for 2021.

I don’t know what ads you get on DSTV but on sky there are numerous Alfa ads during F1 weekends an it features Kimi. He has a following and is recognisable.

Until yesterday gio was ahead in points. He seems to race well. Ferrari want an itie hero. He is also the only itie driver in F1.

I elaborated on why i lost my passion for the sport (on the appropriate forum i might add) and then it gets snapped off as some playground drivel, without giving some proper insights.

And you want to call me a dewis?

I stand by my views. Plain and simple.

And just for the record, at no point did i become personal buddy, so please....

Come dude, you are being a Dewis now too

See Saudi Arabia is on the 2021 circuit list. We can stop with the we race as one charade now.

Aint that the truth. 

Maybe Lewis refuses ot race there. 

In other news seems Albon will be shifted out. We wait n see

Edited by IceCreamMan

Aint that the truth. 

Maybe Lewis refuses ot race there. 

In other news seems Albon will be shifted out. We wait n see

he's pout for sure but I don't know if they'll let him see out the season or do a sudden change and if yes who ??

gasly is staying at AT 

Kvyat is also likely out ( i really like him tho ) 

if Albon exits , where does he go and who replaces him ??

Tsunoda will probably not go directly to the Main team 

he's pout for sure but I don't know if they'll let him see out the season or do a sudden change and if yes who ??

gasly is staying at AT

Kvyat is also likely out ( i really like him tho )

if Albon exits , where does he go and who replaces him ??

Tsunoda will probably not go directly to the Main team

What if.....

Hamilton out, Perez in.

Albon out, Hulk in.

See Saudi Arabia is on the 2021 circuit list. We can stop with the we race as one charade now.

I’ve been scrolling the comments on Twitter over the announcement. Please don’t ask why, I couldn’t tell you..

People are strange creatures. We preach that we should be accepting of all, regardless of differences. But then the moment someone has a belief different to their own then they are scorned. We expect others to embrace our beliefs and opinions yet we are not willing to do the same for them. How can I judge and then not expect to be judged myself...

Oh well, let’s see what excitement tomorrow brings.