Formula 1...

'Dale

I heard the commentators mention this weekend that Murray Walker has turned 97. Fantastic innings, and he has seen so much racing in his time.

Although apparently he was asking Martin Brundle(?) what was happening in F1 these days. I guess he also thinks that it's not worth watching anymore.

Thank goodness WRC is back (and also Seb Loeb from time to time).

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the commentators mention this weekend that Murray Walker has turned 97. Fantastic innings, and he has seen so much racing in his time.

Although apparently he was asking Martin Brundle(?) what was happening in F1 these days. I guess he also thinks that it's not worth watching anymore.

Thank goodness WRC is back (and also Seb Loeb from time to time).

If you read a bit about F1 engines the general consensus is that this Matra V12 engine is one of the best sounding engines ever built.  They were also in the old Ligier JS17 cars and sounded awesome.

That and the Lamborghini V12 F1 engine.

He was apparently fixing a puncture

attachicon.gif20201022_124110.jpgattachicon.gif20201022_124114.jpg

Shoe's are pretty clean for someone who removed a big ass AMG wheel......

On a different note, https://thenewsengine.com/formula-1-car-price-want-to-know-f1-car-cost-2020

It is $11mil per car.

Read a post somewhere, so authenticity is not known, but Mercedes apparently spent $330mil last year BUT after sponsorship and prize money their total bill for the year was "only" $6mil.

Not a bad price for all the exposure.......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)