Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or have the front wing endplates grown?

The Ferrari one especially. Although it had no graphics on it so maybe an illusion.

Same as the talk of Hamilton to Renault I reckon.

It is quite funny how Lewis holding out for more money may get him caught out by this driver salary cap.

On another note, sad to see how Lando has bowed to pressure and apologised for saying what everything was thinking anyway.

Yeah I suppose he had to. Lewis would probably have had him removed from F1 if he didn't. I mean no one speaks about snowflake like that without getting in trouble. Lando is right, Lewis just needs to drive that car for 2 hours and he wins, any of the current grid will win in that car and when I say that car I mean the 44, the 77 is a pink merc with black paint.

Yeah I suppose he had to. Lewis would probably have had him removed from F1 if he didn't. I mean no one speaks about snowflake like that without getting in trouble. Lando is right, Lewis just needs to drive that car for 2 hours and he wins, any of the current grid will win in that car and when I say that car I mean the 44, the 77 is a pink merc with black paint.

I see Lewis saying he may not be on the grid next year, xmas come early................

I see Lewis saying he may not be on the grid next year, xmas come early................

Hhhahahahahahahahahahahha....sure

Formula E?

Or will he be so far in pole they'll have to make a separate starting position for him?

Lots of hate for Hamilton, but the lad is a talented driver. 

Yes he has been fortunate in many instances and yes he drives a vastly superior car but you dont get to 93 wins without talent and ability. F1 is not BEE certified. If not for a poor decision by Ron Dennis back in the day Lewis would be on 7 already and heading for 8 now. He was on par with Alonso then and alonso has always been feted 

His politics and antics aside, that's Lewis on a personal level and he may be a bit of a **** in that regard but he knows how to drive an F1 car better than most. 

I may or may not agree with what you have said, but the fact remains that I for one have lost all interest in the sport, viewer numbers are down and globally the sport is nowhere near as appealing compared to the time when racers were men who went wheel to wheel, drank, used drugs, had unprotected sex and partied all night, got up the next morning and drove the living daylights out of their sometimes underperforming cars. That is an undeniable fact as far as I am concerned. We all wanted to be them, or be seen with them; and all women wanted to have them. They were rock stars/gods.

Who the f... wants to be like Dewis Hamilton??? or be seen with him???

Brazil had a national period of mourning (3 days) the day Ayrton Senna was buried. Can we honestly say Britain will come to a standstill when LH44 crosses over to the other side? And we want to compare him with that? I dont think so...

(I am most certainly not trying to pick a fight with you good sir, just stating my reasons for opining the way I do) :)

Lots of hate for Hamilton, but the lad is a talented driver. 

Yes he has been fortunate in many instances and yes he drives a vastly superior car but you dont get to 93 wins without talent and ability. F1 is not BEE certified. If not for a poor decision by Ron Dennis back in the day Lewis would be on 7 already and heading for 8 now. He was on par with Alonso then and alonso has always been feted 

His politics and antics aside, that's Lewis on a personal level and he may be a bit of a **** in that regard but he knows how to drive an F1 car better than most. 

I may or may not agree with what you have said, but the fact remains that I for one have lost all interest in the sport, viewer numbers are down and globally the sport is nowhere near as appealing compared to the time when racers were men who went wheel to wheel, drank, used drugs, had unprotected sex and partied all night, got up the next morning and drove the living daylights out of their sometimes underperforming cars. That is an undeniable fact as far as I am concerned. We all wanted to be them, or be seen with them; and all women wanted to have them. They were rock stars/gods.

Brazil had a national period of mourning (3 days) the day Ayrton Senna was buried. Can we honestly say Britain will come to a standstill when LH44 crosses over to the other side? And we want to compare him with that? I dont think so...

(I am most certainly not trying to pick a fight with you good sir, just stating my reasons for opining the way I do) :)

F1 is in a sad place, the racing is dull as dishwater.

Yes the fight for 4th is epic, but it is the fight for 4th.

They chose to go hybrid, which was bad move especially when coupled with cutting costs. They cannot go full electric, because of Formula E, so what now. Go back to just the ICE with turbo's but then that goes against everything they were aiming for over the last 6 or 7 years.

I am with you, I follow the sport but have not watched a full race for some time now.

With MotoGP you can see how good rules make for good racing, even with Michelin handing out the odd dud of a tyre...... 

For me, Lewis is the Valverde of F1. He's good(you need to be good to be in F1) but there is just something off about how he can be that good for so long.

I couldn't be bothered to watch anymore purely because of him, I just read reports on a Monday. I don't think he is that talented tbh, he was just given an easy path to his success.

I hear you, but you cant blame LEwis for that ...Bernie needs to take that blame. (for turning the sport into a circus) 

But thats professionalism and it alters all the sports it touches. It becomes a business about numbers. 

I worked in F1 when i first came to the island and attended some euro races. F1 is a conglomerate, a business far larger than you can imagine. Its a proffesional outfit and its product is a race on sunday which it sells to advertisers and tv channels. End consumer is your bum on a seat in front of the telly. Thats all its about , bums in seats..same as any pro sport. 

Its sold as this romantic sport, when i first went as an employee my illustons were a little broken, 

Edited by IceCreamMan