Formula 1...

'Dale

23 race calendar for next year. 7 too many. But what would they realistically get rid of?

My pick

Saudi Arabia

Vietnam (possibly not going to happen next year)

Abu Dhabi

Bahrain

Russia

Singapore

China

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 race calendar for next year. 7 too many. But what would they realistically get rid of?

My pick

Saudi Arabia

Abu Dhabi

Bahrain

Russia

Singapore

China

I would remove Abu Dhabi and China twice.

The only joy i’m finding in f1 this year is the races held at the tracks of my childhood...and then tracks i spent millions of hours racing on sim games lol. Imola, mugello, nurburgring...hell, even one of the only decent Tilke-dromes is making a return in the form of the turkish gp this weekend ( the other being Malaysia).

Back-to-normal-2021 will be comparatively boring....

Interlagos will be sorely missed this year...when last did that track produce a boring race. Yes, never.

I agree, the ones in Baldricks list can all go away permanently and nobody would even miss them. 2020 is proof enough. They are forgettable carpark tracks

My pick

Saudi Arabia

Abu Dhabi

Bahrain

Russia

Singapore

China

Vietnam already removed. Some fraud involved with the awarding of it in Hanoy allegedly........

BTW, Australia's 2021 WSBK event has already been postponed.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I would remove Abu Dhabi and China twice.

Hay...be nice. One of those are “local” for me now. Just 45min up the road. Watching them live is never boring!!

Vietnam already removed. Some fraud involved with the awarding of it in Hanoy allegedly........

BTW, Australia's 2021 WSBK event has already been postponed.

The Australians tried to arrest Lewis for wheel spinning one of the safest Merc’s money can buy on a fully closed public one way street once. I’m not surprised they wiping their 2021 calendars clean...

The Australians tried to arrest Lewis for wheel spinning one of the safest Merc’s money can buy on a fully closed public one way street once. I’m not surprised they wiping their 2021 calendars clean...

it's illegal there to drive with your arm out the window.....why i guess you don't see any land rover defenders around lol. And their national speed limit is 100kph....which means everybody actually drives 80kph on a 4 lane highway since there are cameras every few km's without fail. Frustrating when you are trying to traverse the east coast as a cowboy Saffa haha. 

It's illegal for motorbike clubs to ride in groups of more than two unless organised, understandable though considering their biker gang issues (colloquially referred to as the Bikey's lol). So athe "breakfast" run as we know it here is non existent there basically. They literally have disclaimers on things that might be misconstrued as club emblems. Especially outside bars and restaurants. 

Oh!! and you are not allowed to wear anything resembling said 'cuts' in a public space.

True story, i got called out in Melbourne for wearing a Sons of Anarchy (the tv show) T-shirt a few years back haha

edit: he's also not the only one who got a slap on the wrist for doinf something like this.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/super-truck-founder-banned-from-competing-in-australia-after-doing-donuts-on-a-public-road/

I think it led (or contributed at least) to the series being banned(?) from OZ as  the supercar support series too.

So entertaining though:

Edited by morneS555

Waiting for the stewards decision is like waiting for the result of the US elections. This could take a bit of time to sort out. Can't see how Stroll can keep his pole after the yellow flag incident.