Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to admit this, but to me the driver of the day was Stroll

Not in favour of what his dad is doing, but I have to give credit the youngster for a fine drive.

Yeah that was top class, very impressive ride.

Was it 2 years back that he got passed by Bottas in the final straight on the last lap at Canada?

What is his Dad doing?

Buying his kid all the toys he needs. Lance has never had to struggle for anything.

He got passed on the line at Baku

Ah Baku, I still remember him saying on the radio to the team "ah he got me guys"

Dad is obviously seriously wealthy then.

a lesser driver wouldnt complain on the radio and then suck up on the podium by pulling the actual race winner onto the top step. what a joke.

Was referring to Seb going across the grass and still managing to keep it out the wall.

Many have done the same, got on the loud pedal and hit that same wall.

ah, humble apologies, i thought you were referring to the hypocrite with the cornrows.

Was referring to Seb going across the grass and still managing to keep it out the wall.

Many have done the same, got on the loud pedal and hit that same wall.

To say I am cross today is an understatement. You only have to read all the tweets and interviews from EVERYONE EXCEPT Toto, Lewis and most Merc fans that it was the worst decision ever. I have not seen/heard one ex driver/reporter say it was the right call. It has become clear that Merc/Wolff and Hamilton are in bed with the FIA and they will do anything to have the outcome they desire. Lewis, Merc and FIA have well and truly ruined F1 for a lot of people yesterday. Not actually sure I will tune in to see them race in France.

after watching that vid, i'm not sure the penalty was unwarranted. Seb claims lack of traction coming off grass. Fair enough and of course quite probable. But as he gets off the curb, he jags the car to the right, which is the short route to the wall, and of course, conveniently a block on Hami.  If he had just gone straight, i would have much agreed the penalty was rubbish. But that turn to the right.  <_<

for the record, and to prevent waste of feathers and tar, i'm not a fan of either driver.

after watching that vid, i'm not sure the penalty was unwarranted. Seb claims lack of traction coming off grass. Fair enough and of course quite probable. But as he gets off the curb, he jags the car to the right, which is the short route to the wall, and of course, conveniently a block on Hami.  If he had just gone straight, i would have much agreed the penalty was rubbish. But that turn to the right.  <_<

for the record, and to prevent waste of feathers and tar, i'm not a fan of either driver.

If you able to go watch the sky news report after the race they discuss this exact point. He wasn't steering right to block Hamilton but counter steering because his rear was sliding. This is confirmed from Hamiltons camera.

I too am not a big fan of either. I am impartial towards Seb but I am a Ferrari fan and a F1 fan. I just want to see good hard racing.

That sudden right turn I believe was counter steer as the rear wheels went over the curb and regained traction back onto the track. 

Read that. It's easy for the stewards to dissect with slow motion, but to think he did all of that (gain control of the car twice, at those speeds in such little space and time) and then still have time to look in the mirror to see where Ham was and decide to block him?? By the time he had regained control, Ham was already braking.

So it sounds like there were 2 right steering movements according to that article? They also mention him looking in the mirror, Seb did say over the radio that he saw Lewis and knew he was there. Guess it's like when Sagan was kicked off LeTour, we must just maar accept the decision no matter what evidence we see and how we view it.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

If a driver illegally cuts a corner after a mistake and impedes another driver on re entry, why shouldn't he receive a penalty. In other sports intention or fault will not excuse punishment like it does in F1. It made for a disappointing end to the race, but surely the rules are evolving for safety. As has been pointed out a similar thing happened last year with Verstappen and Raikkonen. 

If a driver illegally cuts a corner after a mistake and impedes another driver on re entry, why shouldn't he receive a penalty. In other sports intention or fault will not excuse punishment like it does in F1. It made for a disappointing end to the race, but surely the rules are evolving for safety. As has been pointed out a similar thing happened last year with Verstappen and Raikkonen. 

I think because F1 racing is different from other sports. Most, in fact all, commentators, ex-racing drivers and drivers of other series thoughts on the incident that I have heard and read have said that it was a racing incident. When accidents happen in racing and a driver crashes into or even takes out another driver, and it is seen as unintentional, it is considered a driving incident, and the "culprit" does not get punished. It's just part of racing. 

From what I can remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Verstappen incident was clearly intentional.