Formula 1...

'Dale

Leclerc and Schumacher at Ferrari from 2020 would be a title winning team. Constructor and driver.

I think Vettel may still have a contract to 2020, so maybe from 2021. However, if Vettel carries on like he did at Bahrain and during the second half of the 2018 season, then I would also replace him for 2020. Whether it is with Schumacher, I guess it depends on how well he does in F2. 

What I read, and what makes me like Leclerc even more, was that when he was behind Vettel at the start of the Bahrain race, he ignored orders to overtake Vettel. He was told to hold for at least 2 laps, but instead almost immediately overtook him. That takes balls, when it's only your 2nd race for Ferrari, and to ignore orders. Good thing he pulled it off! But shows he is a racer, and not going to take being a wingman like Bottas.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Vettel may still have a contract to 2020, so maybe from 2021. However, if Vettel carries on like he did at Bahrain and during the second half of the 2018 season, then I would also replace him for 2020. Whether it is with Schumacher, I guess it depends on how well he does in F2. 

What I read, and what makes me like Leclerc even more, was that when he was behind Vettel at the start of the Bahrain race, he ignored orders to overtake Vettel. He was told to hold for at least 2 laps, but instead almost immediately overtook him. That takes balls, when it's only your 2nd race for Ferrari, and to ignore orders. Good thing he pulled it off! But shows he is a racer, and not going to take being a wingman like Bottas.

When they played his radio transmission to the pit wall, all they played was CL saying "I'm faster guys". Would have loved to hear the rest of that. But I thought as of last year they were not allowed to have team orders or at least not speak about it on the radio. If they do it would have been in code.

What I have also started to really dislike about SV is the way he does his interviews post race. He has a serious DILIGAF attitude.

Most of these top guys have performance clauses. I would imagine Seb's is to win or finish 2nd so Le Clerc can spoil that very quickly.

I would Seb is still #1 driver and their push for the title but I think they may back CL very quickly should Vettel keep messing up. He seems to buckle under pressure, and I say that as a Vettel fan.......

Still maintain this is how Ricciardo beat Vettel in that one season at RBR. Vettel wanted to leave, knew the clauses... But that's just me.

Sorry to muddy the F1 water but I remember the clause issue being a big deal in 2011 in Motogp.

Repsol had Dani Pedrosa on contract, had just signed Casey Stoner but Andrea Dovisioso had done well enough in 2010 to keep his ride for 2011 so they had to run 3 bikes in 2011......

So while Mercedes closed out the front row here's the qualifying for Formula E

Edited by River Rat

So while Mercedes closed out the front row here's the qualifying for Formula E

I read something like there has been 7 winners in the 7 races from 7 different teams. Looks like good racing......

• 2 weeks later...

Ferrari tried to be too clever in Q2 and really shot themselves in the foot.

Should be fun watching Leclerc come back from 10th. He should have been on pole by a mile.

And in Aussie Super cars the Mustangs are being handicapped for being too dominant.

Best part of the GP was Ricciardo reversing into Kvyat

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricciardo-penalty-kvyat-spain-baku/4377839/

I wonder who works the strategy for Ferrari. Maybe Vettel :whistling: :whistling:

That corner has not been good to Ricciardo 2 years in a row now. It claimed a lot of victims this year.

Yeah I don't think anyone actually does that job at Ferrari. Even Totto seemed confused/surprised at their performance.