Formula 1...

'Dale

:clap: the man was a crash test dummy i suspect

But he did something the below were never able to 

Martin brundle 

Derek Warwick 

more than half the current F1 drivers 

and that is , he won a race, the last win Williams have registered iirc. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was discussing this with a mate of mine this morning. How the hell is that possible, these guys live in a bubble, are supremely fit and very cautious. 

I am sure most of us have been in contact with it, if these guys can get it i suspect many zillions have. 

sucks for him , hope the belgian lad gets a drive but unlikely seeing formula E is on. 

Wait till it is a title contender that tests positive, want to see how that is handled..........

That goes for any sport, with these back to back rounds a positive test in F1, WSBK, MotoGP, etc could mean being out for 2 races.

I think the way they did supercross was basically a full test to get in and daily screenings. Everyone took it super serious coz one positive would bring the whole thing crashing down.

You'd have to imagine they are doing the same in F1 etc. But it must be way more difficult to control, Supercross was 1 race venue and 2 practice venues. Thy probably housed everyone in the same hotel/complex too.

I think the way they did supercross was basically a full test to get in and daily screenings. Everyone took it super serious coz one positive would bring the whole thing crashing down.

You'd have to imagine they are doing the same in F1 etc. But it must be way more difficult to control, Supercross was 1 race venue and 2 practice venues. Thy probably housed everyone in the same hotel/complex too.

If you got time, search youtube for "The Making of UFC Fight Island". They made a 10 mile safe zone on yas island. Once the fighters were tested in the USA they were chartered over there on etihad, then they all stayed in this safe zone for the 2 weeks fight island happened. All the locals from Abu Dhabi that worked in the safe zone stayed there for 2 weeks prior to any of the UFC team arrived and also never left.

Jip, I know the restrictions to travel and accommodation in MotoGP are strict. Own food too, no catering.

Just think this will all come to a head the day someone like Lewis or Fabio test positive and can't compete in 2 back-to-back rounds. If it directly affects the outcome of the championship, is it less of a championship.

Suppose we will have to ask the pooch......

Sergio Perez test positief for the gogga.

Met eish.

Implications for the biosecurity of F1, TBD.

Edited by 'Dale

Hope the Hulk brought his old Force India seat with him. Luckily the factory is close by in case he needs a new fitting.