Formula 1...

'Dale

Found it rather funny that they had to remove vents from the side pods of Hamilton's car when they realised they would have to run behind people. I mean how wrong have we gone when a team sets up a car not to be near another car?

I dont mind the party mode, its the conserve the engine mode once party mode gets you ahead that bugs me. Now they have to run with engine turned up all the time, going to start taking its toll.

Hahaha yeah. To be fair though, they've never really needed to test that aspect of their aero in those conditions in party mode. They haven't really been in that position before... ????

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One swallow does not make a summer...........

No clarity needed.

How was his post disingenuous? Apart from saying Lando instead of Gasly, it's 100% correct. The emotion was palpable. We all loved the Mercs being on the back foot, and there was some real racing for the podium positions. Far more entertaining than previous races even this season Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Rough Monday it seems.

My comment was addressing the fact that one race being slightly more exciting than what we have become accustomed to does not mean F1 is not broken, which is directly in reference to previous posts I have made stating just that.

That's all, no witch-hunt. Just a statement.

Rough Monday it seems.

My comment was addressing the fact that one race being slightly more exciting than what we have become accustomed to does not mean F1 is not broken, which is directly in reference to previous posts I have made stating just that.

That's all, no witch-hunt. Just a statement.

Then say that, man. Saying someone's post is disingenuous and should be judged from whence it came is NOT the same as what you've just said, here. 

No, F1 may not be broken in YOUR eyes, but heck, was this not an excellent example of what happens when the domination isn't there anymore? 

If the rule changes have this effect on future races, F1 definitely has been fixed, in a sense. 

Then say that, man. Saying someone's post is disingenuous and should be judged from whence it came is NOT the same as what you've just said, here. 

No, F1 may not be broken in YOUR eyes, but heck, was this not an excellent example of what happens when the domination isn't there anymore? 

If the rule changes have this effect on future races, F1 definitely has been fixed, in a sense. 

I think the mega bucks of Merc being able to keep ahead of the under funded teams is going to end. Will be nice to see a little fairer and closer. Interesting that Ferrari probably going to end season in around 6th or 7th in constructors will see a knock of around $35m for next year. 

I think the mega bucks of Merc being able to keep ahead of the under funded teams is going to end. Will be nice to see a little fairer and closer. Interesting that Ferrari probably going to end season in around 6th or 7th in constructors will see a knock of around $35m for next year. 

Yeah!! 

I'm all for it. I think Merc banked on blasting into the lead and just pulling away, which they (Ham, at least) were doing in the beginning. Choose Party Mode, add downforce, run the engine as it can be run for extended periods of time. But then, even though it can when in clean air, it can't in dirty air. And losing that tow in the straits was helluva damaging to their chances. 

They're gonna either have to improve cooling (can they, now, though?) or choose a lower engine mode to reduce load on the cooling system and allow the drivers to fight. 

Vvery interesting. I'm all for it. Sainz, though... I feel for him. Massive success at Mclaren, now off to Ferrari. Shame. 

also...i'll admit that i was cheering for Lewlew to catch and pass Bottas so he could finally and truly experience how utter useless Bottas v5.988b  is considering where he was in the field for most of the race and what he was driving...and especially after his comment over the radio about the new engine mode rules making racing impossible. 

also...i'll admit that i was cheering for Lewlew to catch and pass Bottas so he could finally and truly experience how utter useless Bottas v5.988b  is considering where he was in the field for most of the race and what he was driving...and especially after his comment over the radio about the new engine mode rules making racing impossible. 

I wish drivers or teams could chat to one another on race radio. 

Like when Bottas complains about engine modes, LeClerc could chirp in, "wanna swap?"

I agree with Sainz's comment about Stroll and the red flag incident. Stroll got a free pit stop to change onto the mediums. They should have a like for like swap if a red flag happens. I can't remember if F1 have had a red flag with the current tyre usage. Maybe the rules have not been looked at since cars have to run two compounds.

Sainz would have had a lot more to say is Stroll had won the GP.

I see Ocon got cut to shreds on the team radio when he started moaning. Good luck doing that to Alonso next year...

haha was thinking exactly the same. There will still be talking over each other on the radio...except it will probably end with nando telling Cyril that he's a 'gp2 team principal' :clap:

Edited by morneS555

I agree with Sainz's comment about Stroll and the red flag incident. Stroll got a free pit stop to change onto the mediums. They should have a like for like swap if a red flag happens. I can't remember if F1 have had a red flag with the current tyre usage. Maybe the rules have not been looked at since cars have to run two compounds.

Sainz would have had a lot more to say is Stroll had won the GP.

I think they're barking up the wrong tree, tbh. They should have penalised them under not using a mandated pit stop.

Changing tyres in the pit lane pre-restart isn't an issue imo. The race was red flagged, with fewer laps and so on. It's just that everyone else had a pit stop in the "previous" race.