Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the bus indeed. That is poor from Lewis. The first time you struggle you distance yourself from the team and Bottas got the car hooked up fine. 

I hope this is a one off and he is back to his best next race. 

Lewis wanted to stay out longer, and then they pitted him early. We all know that he can manage tyres very well. You will hear him complaining about wanting to stay out longer in his rant during the race.

15 minutes ago, MrJacques said:

So is Bottas stuck with that front tyre for the rest of the season? :P

guess they'll take an angle grinder to it and cut it off lol.

Merc seem usless in the pits when they are up against the wall and need to think fast. They have had it easy the last 6/7 years and now that they are being challenged properly for once they seem to choke more often. And they seem to regularly have issues (especially) on bottas's car with wheel guns. 

While looking at them trying to take that wheel of for the better part of a minute i thought to myself: WHY in THE F did they not just put the old set back on and send him out again. Yes he would get a penalty or probably DQ after he race for not having run 2 different sets of tires during the race...but atleast he would have been in play strategy wise to help them try and salvage something for lewlew and mess up other peoples races lol.

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

guess they'll take an angle grinder to it and cut it off lol.

Merc seem usless in the pits when they are up against the wall and need to think fast. They have had it easy the last 6/7 years and now that they are being challenged properly for once they seem to choke more often. And they seem to regularly have issues (especially) on bottas's car with wheel guns. 

While looking at them trying to take that wheel of for the better part of a minute i thought to myself: WHY in THE F did they not just put the old set back on and send him out again. Yes he would get a penalty or probably DQ after he race for not having run 2 different sets of tires during the race...but atleast he would have been in play strategy wise to help them try and salvage something for lewlew and mess up other peoples races lol.

That could have worked to salvage something.

Maybe it also has to do with how the wheel guns work? (But more likely to do with it just being seized on there from heat? Or cross-threading, who knows.)

Yesterday's race also hammered the nail again with people thinking Yuki would beat gasly this year , Pierre wooped him through the whole weekend and Yuki also said the team has to figure out his car setup , very dismissive of his own performance 

Can't wait till Gasly gets to A team focused on him  

also...even though results didn't show it...MSC properly whipped Maz again.

MSC passed him into the grand hotel hairpin at the start of the race with an aggressive move on the inside then proceeded to pull a 8 second gap, just to have his engine develop a fuel flow issue. HAAS then ordered him to let Maz past so they can sort out the engine issue over the phone, but pitted him in the end for a CNTRL-ALT-DELETE. He was then about 30 seconds behind MAZ and caught him at 3sec a lap...just to end up cruising behind him for the remainder of the race.

14 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Yesterday's race also hammered the nail again with people thinking Yuki would beat gasly this year , Pierre wooped him through the whole weekend and Yuki also said the team has to figure out his car setup , very dismissive of his own performance 

i also think TSU got a talking to by the Helmut and Franz Tost after his previous two races, he needs to calm down a bit....he seems a bit more subdued. Also, this was TSU's first time ever in Monaco...like in literally. He's never even been there before..nevermind in a f1 car. 

Then, prepare for the next two weeks and then Baku to be dominated by flexi wing talk. i'm 90% convinced Merc will protest RB, Alpine, Ferrari, et al at Baku if they win. but then RB will expect it. Politics and mind games now in full swing. Merc's front wing is also not the most rigid thing on the grid. 

9 hours ago, MORNE said:

Then, prepare for the next two weeks and then Baku to be dominated by flexi wing talk. i'm 90% convinced Merc will protest RB, Alpine, Ferrari, et al at Baku if they win. but then RB will expect it. Politics and mind games now in full swing. Merc's front wing is also not the most rigid thing on the grid. 

Redbull are going to protest the flex of merc's front wing , so the FIA might be busy after baku ( both teams are going to file at Baku apparently) 

And Baku , bar the start/finish straight is also a redbull track so hopefully they can extend 

2 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Lewis wanted to stay out longer, and then they pitted him early. We all know that he can manage tyres very well. You will hear him complaining about wanting to stay out longer in his rant during the race.

I thought it was the right decision at that time. He was stuck a bit and that was an opportunity to make a move. Did not work out in the end but it was probably the right call at that time. 

He was never going to end up to much higher than that anyway given his qualifying time and did not make progress at the start. Good to see Merc under pressure and cant remember when last Hamilton was not leading the championship at this stage of the year. Maybe Rosbergs year. 

Merc have it all to do now, maybe 44 will focus more on racing than politics. 

41 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Would love to see Gasly move away from redbull. Maybe Mclaren or Alpine!

22 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Ric being lapped is an interesting one. Considering the wage disparity Lando must feel top of the world. 

Mazepan pipped shumie. 

Yeah, and they raced on Daniel's streets.