Cajees rip-off

mrbaker

Cajees cycles in Fourways are asking R750-00 :angry: for a Conti Race King 2.2 UST...

CW has them for R450-00 + postage

Westdene has them for R450-00

The sad thing is that people obviously pay the price at Cajees without realising the ridiculous markup...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

remember you can negotiate at cajees , Let the know the price and they will sell it to you for R449,50 - serious . . . serious

Cajees markup is very high on all items other than bikes. Most people shop around for the best price on the bike then buy all the accessories from the same shop without shopping around for them. Westdene is a much better option, I couldn't be bothered bargaining for a better price.

I just bought my Merida Ninety Sixer from Westdene.... Must say I was impressed with their prices (but thats it). You have to bargain with these guys - Cajees will match any price or better it.

I just bought my Merida Ninety Sixer from Westdene.... Must say I was impressed with their prices (but thats it). You have to bargain with these guys - Cajees will match any price or better it.

Hmm, I dont know, I dont bargain, I ask the price and if I consider it not value for money I go elsewhere. If a retailer expects me to bargain and overquotes with this in mind, he generally wont get my business.

I have bought a few things at Cajees Fourways and most times they just gave me a discount without my asking, but my general opinion of Cajees is they are very good businessmen, there is no other shop in Gauteng (or I would hazard the country) with the value of stock in their stores, so they have to be doing something right.

Often one buys something in good faith and its not nice to find out you been ripped because you didn't know better. Happened to me with Solomons, I paid R600 + for Conti Race King UST, only to get my mountain king at 1/2 the price from CRC.

Often one buys something in good faith and its not nice to find out you been ripped because you didn't know better. Happened to me with Solomons, I paid R600 + for Conti Race King UST, only to get my mountain king at 1/2 the price from CRC.

Hey bru, you dealing with an indian at both shops...

You don't bargain, you don't get best price...

Woe is the ***hole that rips off an unsuspecting client. Honesty is the best policy.

Same as the whole Makro/Game/Builders Warehouse price fixing thing. They're one group, so they should all have the same prices for the same stuff. What is available in Boksburg should be the same price in Strubens

I don't buy at Cajees - will never buy at Cajees...

I just wanted to hopefully prevent others from being ripped off.

And why should you have to haggle for a better price - if they are overcharging unsuspecting customers who don't know better, then those of us who do shouldn't support them purely based on principle...

I dont understand this bargianing concept.

Why can the shop not sell it at a realistic prize? Why do you need to go begg for a better price.

If the tires is +- R450 eac or even I guy R50 more, so what? its still more a less in line

BUT... R750?.. and old price? WTF

Do you think they will keep the ölder stuff at a lower price if new stock at higher price arrive?

Its like the gerages with the petrol price hike.

If its true that this shop is ripping you off... DONT GO THERE, DONT BUY THERE.

Why do you need to go their and begging for better prices? Dont be stupid.

Again we run off calling the poor suckers at Cajee ripp-off artists and just because they got a item that is more expensive than another shop !! If you don't like the prices , shop layout , mechanics earings then go to another shop . But WTF make a big thing about it everytime ? Are you trying to warn us ? If a shopper does not bother to check prices then he is

A: Stupid

B: Does not care 2 fritters cause he can affort whatever

Neither of them needs warning , it's all self inflicted .

remember you can negotiate at cajees , Let the know the price and they will sell it to you for R449,50 - serious . . . serious

No bargaining should be required.

Again we run off calling the poor suckers at Cajee ripp-off artists and just because they got a item that is more expensive than another shop !! If you don't like the prices , shop layout , mechanics earings then go to another shop . But WTF make a big thing about it everytime ? Are you trying to warn us ? If a shopper does not bother to check prices then he is

I agree. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

+1

I know of a fellow hubber who went to Cajees this week to buy a 26" Maxis Crossmark UST. The best they would do is R700 per tyre, WTF :angry: . CWC are selling 2 plus 940ml of stans for R700. Lucky for him sanity prevailed and he walked out without buying.

Edited by SteveS