Mugged and stabbed while mountain biking

Hydrocynus

Is that the area where the Silvestar MTB race went through ?

I know a couple of guys who train there, will pass on the news.

Hope MadDog heals up quickly !!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ai. Why cant this bastarts just mind their own busness. All our thoughts and prayers to you. Speedy recovery bru.

Whoa fuuuuck this is where I used to train alone, often (and with plenty of other folks, occasionally, Danger Dassie and I had an epic ride up there in one hell of a thunderstorm). *** news. MadDog, all the best. Hope the bike turns up and the subhuman who did this gets those kicks in the groin. FFS. Bad man, bad.

Faaaaaak, mate I was just thinking the exact same thing, and I was there just this week in the arvie!

Jeez man!

Bizarre, been in conflict areas, riots and what not, and now I have to be on guard while doing the one thing that clears the mind. FFS

Hydro, any idea where abouts on Krugersdorp Hill?

Keep us posted on Alec's recovery, good on him for giving that savage **** something to think about.

Posted this on the Crimeline FB page, hopefully it'll be passed around. At the very least, some more awareness.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crime-Line/123311467697540

Edited by danger dassie

Leet22, the pepperspray I have has got a dye in it for identification purposes. Will check on the name/make of it tonite and post it.

Hope Mad Dog recovers well and completely. Not nice to hear these things. Used to be in the SAP in K/Dorp many years ago. Chased many a suspect into those hills (also almost everytime caught them too)

Edited by Wannabe

Hectic, similiar happend to me last year attacked by 3 guys, fortunate for me i was able to disarm the one with the knife before he could go on a stabbing frenzy.

Hope Mad Dog recovers well.

What's happening to my home town???

We've been talking about moving back to the west as the east is 'just not home'. And we thought that the westrand is a relatively safe area to ride in compared to other areas. Seems like the westrand has gone for a ball of ****. :( :( :(

Get well soon Mad Dog! One of the main reasons why I have to deal with UK weather at the moment...damn shame really!

Some feedback, Alec is out of theatre, and is doing alright, still in a lot of pain though. We are still waiting for feedback from the orthopaedic surgeon about the tendon in his arm. Thanks for the messages, I will convey to him all the support and encouragment from the Hub.

More feedback as we receive it.

Faaaaaak, mate I was just thinking the exact same thing, and I was there just this week in the arvie!

Jeez man!

Bizarre, been in conflict areas, riots and what not, and now I have to be on guard while doing the one thing that clears the mind. FFS

Hydro, any idea where abouts on Krugersdorp Hill?

Keep us posted on Alec's recovery, good on him for giving that savage **** something to think about.

Posted this on the Crimeline FB page, hopefully it'll be passed around. At the very least, some more awareness.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crime-Line/123311467697540

He mentioned to me lastnight exactly where it happened, but haven't cycled in that area a lot myself so not too familiar with it. Will get more precise info when I see him tonight and let you know. I know a lot of people cycle on Krugersdorp hill, Alec has been cycling there for years very often alone and has never had an incident before.

Crazy situation!! Out of control it seems. Wishing Alec a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by flymango

All the best for a full and speedy recovery.

And lets hope your iron horse bucks that ahole bad.

That is terrible! I hope they catch this SH!TFACE before IT attacks IT's next victim! A cage will be a waste of time, shoot the THING at first sight. All the best to Mad Dog.

Edited by nathrix™ ®