• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad Sends Kids Toys Into Outer Space, Films The Entire Trip

If you were lucky enough to have a childhood which involved firing plastic bottles into the air and pretending they were rockets, then consider your parents awesome. Although to be honest, they might pale in comparison Nicholas L and the special effort he’s put in to enthrall his 3 children.

Having casually agreed to their request that he send their favourite toys into space (Bad Piggy from Angry Birds and Hello Kitty), he spent weeks researching the various tools you’d need to achieve such a feat. In short, it was a massive challenge but driven by his desire to not break a promise to his kids, he set about fulfilling their extraordinary request.

It required weather balloons from the US, an iPhone, a battery, a GPS tracker from Hong Kong and two GoPro cameras and even then Nicholas wasn’t sure it was going to work. But amazingly enough, thanks to his careful planning and attention to detail not only did Bad Piggy & Hello Kitty make it 20,000m above sea level they came back in one piece as well. Finding them on the way back down wasn’t so easy, the high altitude had frozen the GPS tracker so the family had to travel 300km before they were reunited with their extended toy family. You can see the entire journey of Bad Piggy & Hello Kitty below, a true Toy Story if ever we’ve seen one.

Edited by Super_mil

I spent 10 days in Barcelona during mid 2006, went to The Segrada every afternoon on the blue or red bus, can't remember, paid for entry and watched the guys work as i wondered through.

Gaudi influences in the city was awesome like you say...remains my favourite 'city' in the world...also the place in Spain where NOT to eat paella!

Oh hell yes! I got epic food poisoning there. My error in ordering monkfish!

If you were lucky enough to have a childhood which involved firing plastic bottles into the air and pretending they were rockets, then consider your parents awesome. Although to be honest, they might pale in comparison Nicholas L and the special effort he’s put in to enthrall his 3 children.

Having casually agreed to their request that he send their favourite toys into space (Bad Piggy from Angry Birds and Hello Kitty), he spent weeks researching the various tools you’d need to achieve such a feat. In short, it was a massive challenge but driven by his desire to not break a promise to his kids, he set about fulfilling their extraordinary request.

It required weather balloons from the US, an iPhone, a battery, a GPS tracker from Hong Kong and two GoPro cameras and even then Nicholas wasn’t sure it was going to work. But amazingly enough, thanks to his careful planning and attention to detail not only did Bad Piggy & Hello Kitty make it 20,000m above sea level they came back in one piece as well. Finding them on the way back down wasn’t so easy, the high altitude had frozen the GPS tracker so the family had to travel 300km before they were reunited with their extended toy family. You can see the entire journey of Bad Piggy & Hello Kitty below, a true Toy Story if ever we’ve seen one.

And I thought I grew up with and adventurous father.....actually, I thought I WAS an adventurous father......I'll have to up my game a bit, literally!

And I thought I grew up with and adventurous father.....actually, I thought I WAS an adventurous father......I'll have to up my game a bit, literally!

Yeah, this is literally quite special.

Oh - and Daniel would have loved the build this weekend. He needs to bring his machete with every time now, 'cos there's LOADS of blackwood and wattle to chop!

Any idea what these photographs are of?

http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/microscope.jpg

Sugarcane or bamboo

+1 x 10000

Nailed it !!

http://i.imgur.com/VX1PmXy.gif

If the legs are too weak to carry the weight, what makes her think the arms will.

If the legs are too weak to carry the weight, what makes her think the arms will.

Amazing how her body still keeps shaking after she hits the ground

careful....you gonna get called out by the hubs moral police for implying she is large