• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine some years ago did a photo essay on a theatre like that in downtown Jozi. Street kids would scrape together the admissions money so they could spend the rest of the day out of the cold.

Tried to search for its name, but couldn't find it...did find this interesting read: https://johannesburg1912.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/theatres-in-early-johannesburg/ 

Here's my mate's World Press Photo entry: http://www.worldpressphoto.org/collection/photo/1999/daily-life/thys-dullaart/09The theatre was called the Thari: Daily Life, second prize stories1998The Thari Cinema is more than just a place of entertainment. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the cinema is a haven for homeless people. A safe and warm place to sleep, it also offers an atmosphere of friendship and familiarity. Many street children who bed down for the night are glue sniffers, but drugs and alcohol are banned inside the cinema.

Edited by Tumbleweed

Who has fathered more kids: him or JZ?

Some people call him "SASOL" because he's got a pomp in every dorp.

Keep the rubber on the gravel.

13173825_10156895950410331_6298711806282

The funniest part about this all is how Nu Metro and Ster Kinekor always complain about movie piracy, but come along with this daylight robbery. If they didn't charge the insane prices they do, piracy would be a fraction of what it is.

Instead of going to school to learn maths and science the little farkers are burning and looting in Grabrouw.

What hope is there when the masses encourage this with the youth.

post-5455-1462987201,863.jpg

post-5455-1462987223,6606.jpg

Guest notmyname

Instead of going to school to learn maths and science the little farkers are burning and looting in Grabrouw.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462987293.005023.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462987312.041000.jpg

Joh! I'd have put the camera in its bag and issued a few PK's. Born free fucktards would be squirming.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1462987293.005023.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1462987312.041000.jpg

Joh! I'd have put the camera in its bag and issued a few PK's. Born free fucktards would be squirming.

...and then people complain they can't get an education...

...and then people complain they can't get an education...

Ja....and the ANC blames the failures in the education system on apartheid [emoji10][emoji15]

Guest notmyname

Ja....and the ANC blames the failures in the education system on apartheid [emoji10][emoji15]

It's totally apartheid. Laughable really.