• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

William smith passed away. That man got me through std 9 and 10. Used to attend classes on germiston and wits back in the day. RIP.

Also used to attend the classes in Germiston with him, his stories and jokes helped me remember many of the answers whilst writing exams.

32 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Also used to attend the classes in Germiston with him, his stories and jokes helped me remember many of the answers whilst writing exams.

Exactly. His ability to reach 16 year old me was incredible. What a gent. 

21 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Exactly. His ability to reach 16 year old me was incredible. What a gent. 

Its the difference between knowing the topic, and really understanding the topic well enough to break it down into simple terms.

One day when I'm bored I need to search and see if anyone has uploaded his stuff onto youtube. I'm sure it will help my kids too

2 hours ago, TIB said:

Do you remenber this bad boy that he used:clap::clap:

overhead.jpg.d4cf1613d6f4f673f3fbf542c0d54f24.jpg

My first job fresh out of college was at a market research company, laptops and digital projectors we scifi tech back then, so all the reports and graphs were presented to the clients on one of these.

Being the only IT person in the company I had to assist with printing hundreds of transparencies for the director each time he needed  to take to the client and present.

We had to store the transparencies in the fridge because they would curl from the heat if left in the offices, once curled they would not feed through the inkjet printer.

3 hours ago, TIB said:

Several thousands of healthcare professionals were subjected to my lectures on such.  Thank goodness that learning tech has come as far as it has, we gobbled it all up.  Whole body interactive and reactive simulators and reporting are astonishingly good.

4 hours ago, TIB said:

We used this at a company I worked at between 2002 and 2010. 

Printed out monthly reports, in colour, on the copier to be presented in the management review meetings. All “slides” were then filed as evidence of meetings, yet the soft copy was on the desktops (company couldn’t afford to provide laptops hence the mobile presentations).